𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐬 || 𝐣𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐳

jared had always dreamed of having kids. everytime he saw one in public, he'd smile and wave. every case he ever worked with children involved immediately became some of the hardest cases he'd ever have to handle.

people had asked you for over a year now when you and jared were going to have kids. the two of you had always wanted to start a family together.

the problem was, your body didn't seem to allow that to happen. month after month, the tests came back negative. after a while, you stopped telling jared about every negative test. it would only break his heart more.

it was the usual schedule, the day that repeated every month. the day you got disappointed time and time again. it was becoming a cycle, but on the off chance you were pregnant, you continued to take the tests.

you took the test, and left it to wait in the bathroom while you ran to move a load of laundry. while moving clothes from the washer to the dryer, you heard jared yell your name.

"(y/n)! babe! come in here!" it was coming from your bedroom, or so you thought. you walked into your bedroom, but no sight of jared. "over here." you looked to your right. he was standing in the master bathroom.

that's when you saw it. the little pink and white test in the palm of his hands. he was smiling wider than you'd ever seen. "babe, we finally did it." he says, dropping the test on the counter and spinning you around in his arms.

"oh my god, you're going to be a dad!" you scream, happiness flooding out of you.

"you're going to be a mom!" he replies, kissing your cheek. you pull his face towards yours, pressing a passionate kiss to his lips.

nothing could ever change how special that moment was to you. you remind yourself as you think back, holding your newborn in your arms.