𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 || 𝐭𝐣 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧

you didn't know it then. you were still teenagers, two college students who had gone through one of the most traumatic events of their life together. the phenomenon of flight 828.

as you grew to get to know tj, you slowly started to love different parts of his personality. he was an amazing friend. a great listener. he gave all of his work his all.

the two of you began solving callings together, the a-team, as other passengers called you. well, mostly the stone family, but you get it.

you didn't know it, but he started to love parts of your personality too. the way you smiled, laughed at almost any one of his stupid jokes. the fact you could talk about one of your favorite topics for hours and hours if you could. the way you'd be there to comfort him, during all the callings and 828 terrors. you were the only person who really understood.

that night, the night that changed it all between the two of you. the two of you were driving, it was late. you took a glance at the clock. 12:34 am. you were making small talk, about anything and everything you could think of, the way the two of you always had.

the conversation pauses for a few minutes. you started out the window ahead of you. the two of you were driving to solve a calling, nothing too unusual. the red tail-lights from the car in front of you were the only thing to really look at.

the silence breaks. tj starts. "you know, you're my best friend, right?" he says. the two of you always had talked about random stuff, at random times. this felt different, different than all the other times.

"of course, you're my best friend too. why are you asking?" you were almost nervous at why he'd started this conversation. did you do something wrong? thoughts of what could possibly be wrong raced through your mind.

"because." he paused. his eyes were on the road in front of him. he was deciding whether he truly wanted to finish his sentence or not. he did. "i think i'm falling in love with you." your heart felt as if it skipped a beat. you felt the pit in your stomach, the kind you feel when a rollercoaster drops, the kind when you're waiting for your turn in a karaoke line. it was the good kind.

"tj, i feel the same. i've been slowly falling for you since the day we met." you were smiling like a little kid on christmas morning. you couldn't wipe that smile, no matter how hard you tried.

neither could he, it seemed. he had a big, beautiful smile written across his face. he reached his hand over, placing it on his thigh on your thigh as he continued to drive.

both of you knew, in that black honda civic, half past midnight, driving down two lane roads together, that your future together would be nothing but beautiful and full of love, happiness, and suprises along the way.