𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 || 𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐡𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐢

"fine! go do whatever you want, work for the damn government, like i give a rat's ass!" eagen yelled, slamming his mug of coffee on the kitchen counter.

"just because i'm friends with the stones doesn't mean i'm with the god damn government eagan!" you shout back, grabbing the coat of the hanger by the door. his expression falls.

"wait, where the hell are you going?" eagan asks, getting ready to follow after you. "i don't know! away from this conversation!" you reply, throwing the coat over your shoulders.

you open the front door and step outside. it was pouring, the rumbling of thunder filled your ears as you watched a flash of lightning crack it's way across the sky.

you groaned to yourself before stepping out into the rain, sitting against a street pole only a couple feet from your house. you'd rather sit out in the rain and have the potential of being struck by lighting rather than go back inside, all for the sake of making a point.

"y/n! come back. you're gonna get yourself killed out here." eagen said, bracing himself, and then walking into the pouring rain.

"no, if you think i'm working with the NSA, what's the point?" you reply, staring blankly at the street lights lining your block.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean it." he said, trying to get the argument over and done with, and you knew it. "if you didn't mean it, you wouldn't have said it." you countered.

eagen steps in front of you, blocking your vision of the street lights you'd lost your focus to. he was holding a hand out to help you stand up, off the muddy, rain filled sidewalk.

you reluctantly took in, and he pulled you into a kiss, to your own suprise. you tried to pull back, but he held you there. you kissed him back slowly, pulling away after a few seconds.

"i shouldn't have said it." he replies softly, much different from the tone he was using in your kitchen. "now please, come back inside." he pleaded, pulling your head against his chest as he wrapped his arms around you.

the two of you were drenched from head to toe, a light jump coming out of you as the lightning struck again, growing closer and closer to your spot on the sidewalk.

"okay." you mumbled quietly. you knew he loved you, as much as he sometimes hated to admit it.

you knew you'd be hearing about how his suede shoes were ruined because he followed you later, but that also means he'd be admitting to following you out because he cared.