Part 40

Chapter 40

We are still surprised at Christine's behavior. I can't believe Sophie ditched her honeymoon for this drama. I don't even want to say 'I told you so,' but that's what is happening.

"Why do you have girls sending you nudes?" There are tears in her eyes as she speaks.

"It's a fucking app called Telegram. Why do you have to be jealous about everything? Are you that insecure?" Jeremiah's voice is stern and cold.

"Yes, I am insecure. I am insecure because all I've been hearing you say for the past few months is 'I love you,' yet you do the opposite of what you say. You humiliate me. You insult me. You drink. You smoke, even in front of Diane. She's literally asking me if it's okay to smoke." Christine yells her lungs out, her face soaked in tears with her mascara running down her cheeks.

"I didn't beg you to stay! You can leave." He tries walking out, but Christine holds him by the collar, and he pushes her. I hold her just in time to prevent her from falling on her butt. He turns back, realizing what he has done, tries to come close to her, but I prevent him. That's when I get my share. He pushes me so hard that I end up getting a cut on my forehead.

"Kylie!" Justin runs over to me and picks me up from the floor.

"I'm fine," I assure him, but it's still not enough. He clenches his fist and beats the hell out of his brother. For the first time after that accident, I begin to feel scared that my husband might end up in jail for killing his brother.

"PLEASE STOP!" The "please stop" is followed by a loud cry. We all turn only to find Diane wide awake and crying her eyes out. Michelle runs to her and covers her eyes. Justin gets off Jeremiah. We all run to the little girl who is scared, as we all are.

"You're hurting mommy. You are hurting mommy," she says, with her eyes filled with tears. I hug myself tightly and cry. I can almost feel Diane's pain. It's the same thing that happened with my parents. At once, I begin to get flashbacks of how my dad used to beat my mom. My sobs get louder than Diane's. Justin runs over and gives me a tight hug.

*****

"This has been one hell of an anniversary night," Gina exclaims, and we all sigh. She finishes up with the gentian violet and dresses the tiny wound on my forehead.

"Kylie, Sophie, I'm really sorry I ruined your night," Christine apologizes.

"It's not that disastrous after all. Imagine if I was still doing my vlog when this happened or if this had happened during the wedding or at the reception? It would have been extremely disastrous." We can't help but agree with Michelle. It would have been hell if this incident had happened at the reception or at the wedding.

"I even feel embarrassed to admit that you all were right. I placed myself in the lion's den three times." She begins, and we all listen attentively. I'm sure, just like me, everyone wants to reserve their comment for when she's done. We wouldn't want to miss a single detail. We made sure to tuck Diane in again before talking. The boys are at the terrace, doing God knows what.

"The only thing left for Jeremiah to do is to raise his hand on me. He emotionally abuses me. He cheats on me all the time, and when I ask or confront him, all he says is 'Are you that insecure?' He is addicted to masturbation, to porn; he smokes, he drinks." She buries her face in her palm and begins to cry again.

"I love him so much that I wanted to fix him so badly. He does his bullshit, and I always forgive him whenever he asks for forgiveness. I don't even know who I am anymore. I look at myself in the mirror and wonder where that strong and feisty Christine went. I don't see that Christine anymore. That Christine has abandoned me. And I hate this new person that I've become. I never thought I would ever let a man treat me like this. Kylie! I am so tired." She lets out a loud cry. She starts to cough and breathe heavily like she's choking. I lay her head on my lap and pat her back gently. I'm trying to be strong for her, but I can't help my tears from falling.

"I don't know where you lost yourself, but I promise we will find you," Sophie assures.

"I don't... I don't even know where to start from. I've lost so much for Jeremiah, and I don't know how to recover all those things that I've lost."

"Until Jeremiah becomes like Hardin and fixes himself, I am going to make sure that you don't go back to him." This is what I call 'boss lady'. Our therapist has spoken.

"I'd also make sure you don't even return to him," Sophie adds with sternness. Christine raises her head from my laps, looking disturbed at what Sophie said. I sit properly on the floor and look away. She doesn't have any plans of leaving Jeremiah. Wow! What love. I'm even jealous.

"Do you guys think I'll ever find a perfect love like the ones you have?" She queries with so much doubt and uncertainty, and my heart breaks for her.

"There's no perfect love anywhere. Trust me. Justin and I have our moments. Every couple has their moments. What I want you to understand is, no man is worth losing yourself for. You can't be a mother to a man all the time. You need to love yourself more in order to love someone else. Don't close your eyes on his mistake just because you love him. When he asks for forgiveness again, let him get the help he needs before accepting him back. And before you accept him back, make sure you have fully learned how to love yourself first. It'll be even better if you don't accept him back, but I know you won't do that. You will accept him, so let me stick with the first one." She chuckles at my last sentence. "We will help you every step of the way. Okay? Don't overthink and die. We love you wayyy too much to lose you, so if anything is bothering you, let us know." I relax her head back on my laps and caress her fake hair. We are all wearing wigs. I still can't believe Sophie didn't go on her honeymoon. This girl! She's now a wife but still acts childish. I'm wondering how she will behave as a wife. Her children might be causing a mess around, and instead of scolding them, she might even join them. Alex really has a lot of work to do.

"Mich, thanks for being here." Christine holds her hand out to her, and she takes it gently.

"Don't mention it. I'm happy to be here. You have no idea how much I've been cyber stalking Kylie and Justin, and now that I have the chance to be a part of their lives, I'll be bothered by it? Ha! You must be kidding me." She throws her hair back and sits on the couch. I stare at her for a while before bursting into laughter. To be honest, I really like her energy. She never gets offended. She's such a lively and friendly person. I can't believe I had hated on her sometime back. I'm surprised all this yelling and commotion hasn't woken my kids up.