Part 32- The accident!

Chapter 32

Here's the passage with corrected grammar and punctuation:

"We stand there in shock, contemplating whether or not to help the poor girl. If we decide to help her, we risk being caught by the men in dark suits. If we don't help her, the guilt will never leave us. We manage to coax the shaking girl into moving a little closer to us. Sophie starts the car, and we drive to pick her up from where she's standing before making a U-turn and finally fleeing from the place.

I pull a blanket from under the seat and cover the girl with it. Her mascara is running down her face due to excessive crying.

"What's your name?" I ask her after recovering from the earlier fright.

"My... my name... my name is Michaela," she stutters.

"What were you doing there?" Sophie asks, keeping her attention on the road.

"I was abducted a week ago when I was on my way to lectures. I couldn't find a taxi, so I was walking down to pick a Trotro when someone appeared from behind and injected me with something. I later woke up there. They drugged me all the time and made me sleep with men without even realizing it because I was always so high on substances," she says, letting out a loud cry. My heart suddenly goes out to her. This could have been us if Brian hadn't taken that drastic step.

"I'll take the next turn and drive you straight to the police station," Sophie says, and I nod, but the girl looks even more terrified at that idea.

"No! You can't! They have contacts there. They have people from the police backing them. I saw the men in dark suits talking to them two days ago. They even bring girls for them." Sophie's hands suddenly start shaking. She tries to reverse and turn away from the direction of the police station, but she suddenly loses control.

"The brakes! They're not working!" My heart skips a beat. It's pounding out of my chest. Tiny rivulets of sweat break out on my forehead and glide down my top. "Kylie! I need you to jump! Jump out of the car with the girl. I'll try to reduce the speed and find a way to stop the car." I hesitate for a moment, but she yells so loudly at me that I feel the baby in my belly kick. Then it suddenly hits me: I have to do everything in my human power to save my child. Tears begin to trickle down my face.

"I love you, Sophie." I cry my eyes out as I jump out of the car with Michaela.

Justin's POV

"Ariana, has Kylie called you?"
"No!" I sigh in anguish as I dial her number for the umpteenth time, but there's no answer; it goes straight to voicemail. My heart begins to beat rapidly. I feel this sharp pain in my heart and stomach simultaneously. I try Sophie's number again, but it suddenly goes to voicemail; her phone is switched off. I then call Christine, who answers, and you have no idea the big sigh I let out.

"No. They're not with me. Diane had a stomach upset, so I couldn't go with them. Why? What's up?"
"I just hope it's not what I'm thinking. Kylie is not answering her phone, and Sophie's phone is off." Christine's voice suddenly becomes shaky, and my hands are getting wet.

"Justin!" Ariana shouts my name, and I turn to the news being broadcasted on TV.

"There has been an accident on the East Legon road. Two of the victims were found along the street, while the car was found at the edge of a cliff with a girl in it. The victim in the car seems to have serious injuries. Unfortunately, one of the victims happens to be Kylie Rhode Evans. The other two with her in the car are still unknown." I turn off the television immediately as I rush out of the house. My whole body is sweaty, and my knees are giving away. Ariana snatches the car keys from me because we might be the next victims of an accident if I drive. All that is running through my mind is how to meet my wife and unborn child alive.

"Kylie is so stubborn. She never listens to anything. She vanished to work immediately she finished her one-month resting period. What were they even doing at East Legon? I just wish she listens sometimes." Ariana steals a look at me. I don't think she understands what I'm going through right now. I'm suddenly being bombarded with phone calls, both from family, friends, and the media. I first call my dad back to inform him about what has happened, and then I later call Kylie's mom. She will hate me so much when she wakes up, but I'm not a terrible person to hide something like this from a mother. We get to the accident scene to meet Alex and Christine. We ignore all the reporters at the scene, forcing questions down our throats, and head straight to the East Legon City hospital.

There's frustration written over the faces of each person in the vehicle.

"I hope nothing happens to them. I don't know what I'd do if anything happens to Kylie." A tear escapes my eye. A bloodshot-eyed Alex gives me a comforting hand.

"I'm sure Kylie is fine. I heard from one of the people who called the ambulance that she wasn't severely injured. Unlike Sophie, she was almost lifeless when they took her out of the car." He bursts into tears."