Part 4- Mexico! Here we come!

Chapter 4

You can always make use of a flirty ex. Since I was behind time, I asked Daniel to drive me to the airport, and he gladly agreed.

I put my sunglasses on immediately as we arrive at the airport. It's hard to be famous because you can't go anywhere without people taking out their phones to take a picture. Justin's brows crease the moment he sets eyes on Daniel. I sigh and head over to the checkpoint where he's waiting with Christine and Jeremiah. It's been ages since I saw her. The last time was when she had her child. Yes, so much has happened in five years, but I'll update you all later. Right now, I need to run into my best friend's arms. I'm so happy to see her that I don't notice Jeremiah has a girl with him; his arm is around her shoulder. I guess I'm not the only one who brought someone. Justin clears his throat noisily, signaling Daniel to leave.

"It was nice seeing you again, Mica!" He winks at me and walks away before I can even thank him for the ride. I gulp down saliva as I register the look on Justin's face. If we weren't in a public space and didn't have people staring at us everywhere, he'd have broken Daniel's jaws. Yes, that's how possessive he is.

"Remind me why we didn't take a private jet?" Jeremiah chastises Justin. I scoff so loudly, making sure he hears it. After how things went down between him and Christine, I don't think I can ever look at him sweetly like I used to, not even as Justin's brother.

"Does this look like economy class? Have you lost your sense of sight or are you just playing dumb?" I sneer at him. Justin shoots me a look; he's asking a totally dumb question because we're as comfortable as traveling with a private plane.

"Why were you with Daniel Miller?" I was expecting that question but not in front of everyone, much less Jeremiah's girlfriend whom I already don't like.

"He's my new suitor." Before I know it, the words are out of my mouth, but to my surprise, he doesn't fume with anger. He just leans in and whispers.

"I'm not sure he can match up to me," he says, passing his hand through his curly hair seductively. "In terms of everything." I let out a loud laugh, and so does everyone.

"You guys are cute!" My smile fades as I see who the compliment is coming from. Like always, I smile widely at her.

"Are we on time?" I jump up in delight at the sight of Brian and his girlfriend. Brian is older than all of us, but he's the one who's most scared of getting married. I spring out of my seat and hug Georgina. She's a dark-skinned girl with extremely beautiful eyes. She became part of our group the first day she was introduced to us by Brian. As of now, Christine is the only one without a partner, and my heart aches for her whenever I think of it.

The plane takes off a few minutes after Brian and Gina arrive. Sophie and Alex will be coming from the US. Sophie decided to stay there after her bar exams. Like we all expected, she dropped her medicine course after the first semester. You can't imagine how hilarious that was. I'll definitely bring it up once I see her. And I also trust her to put both Jeremiah and his opportunistic girlfriend in their place.

"Hola Mexico!" I run, ignoring my six-inch heels, and hug Sophie. I know we're too old for such things, but damn! I miss her. The way she shouted 'hola Mexico,' stretching the 'A,' just shows how much she hasn't changed. She's still as bubbly as the first time I met her. Christine joins us in a group hug, and suddenly everything feels like before. It's even like we planned to wear summer dresses.

"Buenas Noches! Bienvenida a Cancun, Quintana Roo." The receptionist greets us with a smile as she hands us the card key to our suite. I might not understand Spanish, but I get this one clearly. She's saying 'welcome to Cancun.' Someone takes our luggage and carries them up as we take in the beautiful view.

The hotel suite is as amazing as I imagined. It has a great sea view because of the glass windows. Open one door, and you're at the beach. It has a primary bedroom with a terrace and four connecting bedrooms. Beautiful, isn't it?