Part 31- Danger

Chapter 31

"After a long time spent lazing around in bed, it's finally time for me to return to work. But this time, I won't be doing intense photoshoots and runway shows. It will just be short commercials and working towards securing ambassadorial deals, and I'm so excited for this phase. I'm glad Justin agreed for me to seize this opportunity. He is also preparing to resume work soon until my belly bump starts to show, then he'll take some time off.

"You have no idea how good this place has been without you. For the first time in a long time, we all had work to do." The reason I like Cameron so much is because of her honesty. She says things as they are and how she feels. "But I'm sure, now that you're back, Leslie will fish out all the big deals for you," she adds before gathering me in a hug.

"She has to do that. That is why I pay her. That is the difference between me and all the girls here. I am not under training. Leslie is my personal agent and manager. I pay her, but she finds you girls and grooms you into becoming real models," I respond with a smug smile.

"So arrogant!" She screws up her face. "Oh! And by the way, congratulations!" She lowers her voice to a whisper. She and Leslie are the only people who know about my pregnancy. We are in Ghana, and elders say it's a bad omen for a lot of people to know about your pregnancy before the belly bump starts to show. Superstitious, right? Yeah! I think so too.

After meeting Leslie and discussing the ambassadorial deals that she has managed to secure for me, we discussed a few things concerning when the commercials will be shot, then I take my leave to go on a night out with the girls.

When you become a mom, an additional responsibility is added to the one that you already have, and that is what Christine is going through right now. She had to cancel our girls' hangout because Diane has a stomach upset. I'm left alone with Sophie, who looks like sitting in a restaurant on a Friday night is draining the blood out of her body. She looks so bored and uninterested, a look that a bride-to-be shouldn't have.

"If you don't like the food, let's try other fries or fried rice or some chicken," I suggest.

"No! KFC foods suck! I don't know why you like their flour-infested chicken so much. A restaurant on a Friday night, what a lie?"

"I believe I'm the pregnant one here, not you, so why this tantrum?" I ask with my mouth full.

"This place is boring. Let's go somewhere else."

"Like where?" I sip the guava juice, which tastes like puke, but I can't complain because it's part of my diet plan.

"Like Black Alley! I heard a new club has been built there just like Brian's. Let's just go and check it out." The chicken stops chewing in my mouth as I stare at her with my mouth open.

There are just some people in this life that you can never say no to, and one of them is Sophie. I can still recall how I almost lost my life while adventuring in Black Alley before it burnt down.

"I am amazed at how brave you've gotten." She takes my trembling hands in hers and leads the way. We tiptoe our way inside the club, but we stop dead in our tracks when we notice the same dark guys in suits that we saw in Black Alley years ago. We sneak into the club immediately when their gaze meets ours. We feel them close on our heels, but we lose them. We hide behind one of the booths while catching our breath. We slowly raise our heads to take in the view of the new place. It's nothing like Black Alley. The girls are in thongs, including the waitress. You can clearly see people having sex right there, with women exposing every inch of their breasts. Some of the clothes they're wearing are so transparent that you can see their nipples. We sit back behind the booth, staring at each other.

"Sophie! We have to get out of here! I think they managed to turn this place into a brothel. We have to go," I whisper in a raspy voice. She nods in agreement and leads the way as we sneak out. We are almost near our car when we hear a loud noise. It's as if someone fell from somewhere. We turn around only to find a girl more or less Ariana's age. She's wearing a lace dress revealing every part of her body. She runs to us screaming for help. I stiffen as I watch her yell in anguish."