Part 35- A chance at life again?

Chapter 35

There's a saying that goes, "You never know what you have until you lose it." Well, I don't think that saying applies to me because I have always known what I have in front of me. I've always valued Sophie's presence in my life. I don't remember us ever fighting about something because we are always so frank with each other about almost everything. She is the friend I'll never swap with anything in this world. I love her so much that I've decided to put on hold everything that has to do with my pregnancy. I go for antenatal care and do all my check-ups, but I've decided not to throw a baby shower until Sophie comes out of her coma. I have also made sure to capture all the beautiful moments on camera so she doesn't miss out on anything.

"It's been 6 months already, and she hasn't woken up from her coma. We can't put our life on hold forever." I glower at Justin and pretend like I didn't hear what he just said.

"She will come out of the coma. She will be here when I throw my baby shower, when I go for my photoshoot, when I give birth," I reply, breaking down into dramatic tears. Justin suddenly feels guilty and pulls me into a hug.

"Even I, who is not married to Kylie, know she's pretending. She is not crying. She has been faking tears for the past 6 months so you don't raise the topic of naming the babies and throwing her baby shower," Ariana says. I frown at Ariana. She has been a great help to us, but there are times like this that I want her to vanish.

"I know that very well," Justin says and pushes me away playfully. "At least, let's talk about the names for our children." I stick my tongue out in mockery.

"You're more of a baby than the two children you're carrying in your stomach. The last time I saw Justin comforting you because you said you look fat. Who doesn't look fat when they're pregnant? I think Justin should remove all the mirrors in the house. You always get depressed when you look at your fat body." We all burst into laughter. Ariana cracks me up so much. "Plus, you've been doing all these pregnancy exercises and you still look fat. Ah." I make a crying face.

"Stop teasing her. She doesn't look as fat as mom when she was carrying you. She looked ten times Kylie's size," Justin interrupts, handing me a glass of Watermelon Juice. "You're a sexy pregnant woman. You're really sassy. You dress well, eat well, exercise, and you don't wear those ragged maternity clothes that pregnant women in this country wear." I blush at his compliment.

"He's right about that," I smile at Ariana.

Remember the advice Leslie gave me? Yes! I took it and used the last six months to set up my first factory for my makeup line. I had a tour via Zoom at Rare Beauty, and I got to meet the gorgeous Selena Gomez in person. Not in person exactly, but at least I got to speak with her. They didn't reveal their secret to why their makeup brand is worldwide, but she gave me the basic lessons that I need. Finally, we've opened our first factory. We are still discovering new ways of bringing out the best product in Ghana, so nothing is out yet, but the team and I have been working hard towards it. Leslie is still my manager and agent. I'm never letting her go. I have my own team and management now, so everything is quite easy. I'm working from home, and I only go to check on things at the factory when it's necessary.

"Have you guys decided on who will be taking care of Kylie and the twins after they're born?" I knit my brows. She is right. Justin and I thought we were going to be parents of a boy or a girl, but it had turned out to be two. That has explained why my stomach was too big. And now we have to make room for two children. Our family and friends have been so loving with the kind of baby gifts that came in. Leslie and Cameron have been baby shopping for me almost every weekend. Not to mention Christine, James, Brian, and Gina. There are so many things creating zero room for us to buy anything for the kids. I even got a gift from Michelle. Remember her? Yes! She sent me something. Even Julia and Jenny have given so much. Threatening Jenny in London really made a difference. I know you're asking about my mom. Yes! She and her family bought something for me too. I can't wait for Sophie to be well so I can show all these, and so we can finally have the baby shower.

"Kylieee."
"What? You should at least find a cute nickname for me."
"We've never had cute nicknames for each other. You call me Justin, I call you Kylie. We are that raw!"
"Hahahaha." Ariana and I let out a loud laugh.
"Sophie woke up." The chips that are going inside my mouth stop midway as if something is preventing my hand from putting the chips inside my mouth. "Alex called just now. She has regained consciousness." There's a huge smile on his face as he gives me the good news. I don't know what to do. I'm just sitting there speechless. "Kylie!!!!" Justin yells my name.
"Mmhm." I raise my head with a smile.