Part 36- When good news knocks...

Chapter 36

"Woah! You are big! I thought models are supposed to check their weight." I chuckle at how intact her sense of humor is while wiping a tear from the corner of my eye. It's been 6 months and she's still funny.

"Thank you. Thank you so much for saving me that night. If it weren't for you..." I choke on my words as tears take over. She holds my hand.

"You don't have to thank me. That is what friends are for. Besides, I couldn't risk you losing my godchild. And it was based on my insistence that we ended up at that place. I am really sorry I put you in danger." I shake my head with tears dripping down my cheeks.

"I love you. And oh, it's not your godchild," I say, and she shrieks dramatically.

"What? I'm not her godmother?"

"You are. You and Christine are their godmothers." She slaps her hand on her mouth in surprise.

"Wait! Why didn't you tell me she saved your life?" Alex and Justin ask in unison.

"Because I don't have to say thank you to any of you. She is the one I had to say that to." They both throw their hands in the air.

"Get well soon! We have a baby shower to plan."

"Yayyy." She squeals with delight.

"And a wedding too," Alex chirps. I almost forgot about that. Christine is on a business trip so she couldn't make it, but I'm sure she is as excited as I am. We have all been looking forward to this day. I take the opportunity to brief her about all that has happened with the girl we found at the brothel. The rest about our lives awaits her at home in a video form. I'm so happy to have her around. More than happy!

From the nights when you have contractions to the times when you feel your baby kicking their legs and tiny hands in your stomach and all the crazy cravings at night, it's one of the most beautiful memories you can have. Even though my stomach is ten times bigger and my weight has increased tremendously, I don't mind. For the first time, I'm happy without having to kick my ass to get the right body shape.

Sophie still has to go around in a wheelchair because she's not fit to be walking yet, but that didn't prevent her from attending my baby shower. It was a close and intimate event with only my friends and some colleagues from the agency, and of course, Leslie. The babies are not born yet and they already have a closet full of clothes and presents. Justin and Ariana had helped me decorate the room of the kids. We nearly had an argument because we didn't know which color to use for the room, but we eventually settled on a cream color which is more neutral for both genders. Sophie and Alex have postponed their wedding until Sophie fully recovers.

Right after the baby shower, which was strictly for friends, Justin and I moved to New York. Expecting a child is something that only both parents should experience. We both didn't want any intrusion from our families, so we left to be on our own. But the main reason we left was because Justin had a business conference and other business matters to take care of in New York. He was asked to be there himself and he didn't want to go because of me. He will be spending close to three months there and that devastated him. He could probably miss the big moment so I decided to go with him. It was a great opportunity for us to be alone and experience this moment as new parents.

I'm sparing you all the details of how I brought my two lovely children into the world because there's nothing much to discuss about labor pains. Justin was there with me throughout the whole period and we got the best nanny to take care of the children and help me around the house. The nanny was recommended by Grandma Lisa; she was brought all the way from Australia. She's a woman in her late forties. We both didn't want someone who is young, especially me. I mean, I've heard all the nasty things about how these young nannies treat kids. I don't want anyone to treat my children that way. Plus, she will only stay with us until we finish with the paperwork concerning the birth certificates. And that is exactly what we did. Right after we finished with the birth certificates, we left New York to reconnect with our family and friends and also to organize the naming ceremony.

And here we are, taking a first-class ticket to Ghana. In luxury and in style. We left in two but we're coming in four. The blog sites will go crazy with our return.