Part 6- Yacht Party

Chapter 6

"Hey, everyone!" We all straighten up on the sun lounger, turning our focus to Gina.

"There's a yacht party happening this evening," she announces, glued to her phone.

"Where did you get all this info?" Brian questions suspiciously.

"Well, let's just say I have my sources."

"That sounds great! We'll join," Brian says.

"No, wait!" I interrupt Justin before anyone else speaks up.

"We're having a girls' night out. You guys enjoy yourselves, and we'll do our thing. It's been ages since we got together, and I really want that time." I don't know what's so amusing, but everyone bursts into laughter.

"Kylie! I mean, we can't do what you're thinking. Only Justin can do that," Sophie jokes, and I sink back into the lounger, feeling a bit embarrassed. If I were lighter-skinned, my cheeks would have reddened by now.

"Exactly, babe! Let us join so I can take care of you," Justin adds, playfully. I quickly move his hands off my thighs, knowing his tendencies when I'm in a bikini.

If it were solely up to me, Jeremiah's rebound girlfriend would be sitting at the isolated end of the beach where the red flag is. However, Justin urged me to be polite. He didn't want her to feel left out. Seeing her swallowed up by the sea would've been quite satisfying.

Upon entering the yacht, we're handed flowered crowns. The scene is filled with intoxicated people getting too close for comfort. It reminds me of Black Alley, but I push those thoughts away. We blend into the party quickly. I haven't been this intoxicated in a while due to work commitments. Staying sober is crucial in the modeling world; a hangover could mean missing out on vital work.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Absolutely. I've done this many times during law school."

"That's unexpected for a law student."

"Well, I'm a different kind of lawyer," Sophie responds, fully engrossed in the shisha. Smoke billows out from her nose and mouth simultaneously. If I'd known about this in her law school days, I'd have encouraged her not to drop her medicine courses. The rest join in, including Jeremiah's rebound. I feel like an outsider suddenly. When did I become such a killjoy? Forget it. I take the shisha from Michelle, Jeremiah's girlfriend, and join in. They cheer me on as I exhale the smoke.

After that wild experience, we're all slightly tipsy, lounging on the deck of the yacht.

"It's so great hanging out with you girls. I've been looking forward to meeting the Famous Kylie Rhode Evans forever."

"Oh, really?" I respond sarcastically.

"Yes! You're in almost every TV advert. Everyone knows you!" Michelle is nice, and she hasn't done anything to warrant my dislike, but I can't stand her, honestly.

"So, how long have you and Jeremiah been together?" Sophie beats me to the question.

"Six months!" she answers enthusiastically.

"You probably don't know what a jerk he can be." Sophie's words, not mine. The alcohol is doing its thing.

"I sense something against him from you girls. What's the deal?" Her expression turns serious. I can usually control my actions and words when I'm drunk, but Sophie, no way! Luckily, Christine has gone inside the cabin, unaware of where the conversation is headed. I pull Sophie away, leaving Gina alone with Michelle before Sophie spills everything.

"I'll never forgive you for how you left."

"I'm not asking for forgiveness, am I?"

"Sure you are!" I steer Sophie away before we intrude. I peek inside the cabin and spot Justin and the guys. They're unbelievable. I want to believe they're here out of boredom, but I can't shake the feeling that they're keeping an eye on us.

"There's nothing else I'd like..." Jeremiah hesitates, glancing around. We hide, so he doesn't spot us.

"You seem lost for words now..." My jaw drops as I take in the scene. Jeremiah pulls Christine close and starts kissing her. These Rhode brothers resort to kissing when they're evading conversations. Shockingly, Christine doesn't resist; she kisses him back. This surprise drains all the alcohol-induced buzz from my body. I grab Sophie's wrist and pull her away. His girlfriend seeks answers from us, and he's there locking lips with Christine. Disgusting!