Part 27

Chapter 27

"Can we skip that question and focus on the reason I'm here?" Justin's response is stern.

"We can do that, but is it because you're ashamed of your wife and her actions?" Looking at Justin, I know he's about to lose his cool, but to my surprise, he scoffs.

"I can never be ashamed of Kylie. I mean, who would? She is an amazing person inside and out. I don't want to talk about it because it's something that only she and her management can comment on. I'm in no position to do that. What I might say might contrast with what she and her management might say. So, I prefer not to comment on it." I smile widely at how much Justin has grown up. That therapy with Gina really helped a great deal. I am so proud of him that I can't explain. And with that question finally answered, they move on to the main reason he came on the show.

"Kwame Yeboah is so annoying. I thought the MTV morning show is all about business?"

"I thought so too, but I knew that question would definitely pop up." I sigh.

"I'm so sorry, girlfriend! Everyone is talking about you, and even some of the girls are badmouthing you."

"I can imagine. It's a perfect opportunity for them since they already don't like me that much, but I don't really care." Cameron places a comforting hand on my shoulder.

*****

"Good Afternoon and welcome to This Or That. Our guest for today is none other than someone we see on our screens almost every day. Let's welcome The Goddess of Commercials." There's loud applause as I meet the host on stage.

"I had no idea I was called the Goddess of Commercials," I say, and she laughs, so does the audience. "Thank you so much for having me," I add with a smile. Can I ever go to a show without anyone commenting on my outfits and my long heels? No, because she just did. We get right into the game!

"Iced coffee on a snowy day or hot coffee in a heatwave?"

"I'd definitely go with hot coffee in a heatwave. I mean, where's the snow day in Ghana?"

"Hahaha, that's right!"

"Plants or pets?"

"Uh, I'd love a pet, but Justin is obsessed with plants, flowers to be precise. So flowers!"

"Aww, that's so sweet!"

"Tattoos or piercings?"

"Tattoos because I have more of them."

"Oh wow! What are they or what do they signify?"

"I have just three. Uh, one on my wrist, which has my name 'Kylie'" I show it to the camera. "And another on my upper back. It's a butterfly. More like a bow tie, though." I laugh and reminisce the day the person couldn't draw a butterfly and made it into a bow tie, but I promise you, it's nice. It's actually nicer than what I had in mind. "And the last one is on my chest. It's a drawing of Paris with its name written under it. I've always wanted to go to Paris."

"So have you been to Paris yet?"

"Yes, on a business trip, but I'm yet to go there on a real vacation." I reply with an imaginative smile.

"I hope you let us in on your extremely private life someday when you go to Paris for that vacation."

"Don't you have any tattoo for your husband?"

"Uh, not really, but we will get there."

"Jean shorts or denim skirts?"

"I'm not a fan of skirts, so I'll go with jean shorts."

"Talking skirts, how did you feel when you saw that video of you wearing that really revealing clothes waitressing in a club?" I sigh before answering.

"Honestly, I didn't even know there was a video like that of me online. I was in London with my family and friends, and as most of you know, I'm not that active on social media. So, it is until two days ago that my agent showed me the video." At this point, I have everyone's undivided attention. "Neither am I going to deny that the person in the video is me. I am the one, but that was about 6 or 7 years ago." I then begin to explain everything from how I left home to how I ended up working in a club. I could see the audience sympathizing with me by the time I finished.

"I am so sorry to hear all this happened to you, Kylie. So how's your relationship with your mom?" I wish I could really avoid this question, but I can't. I'm glad I didn't say what my mom actually did for me to leave home.

"We are fine! I'm growing and learning to understand things better." I reply briefly.

"Talking of growing, we've never seen you post any of your friends or even when you celebrate your birthday or even any of your family members. You're too private! We need some juice." The host says, and I laugh.

"I'll try and get you 'Juice' when I start managing my own Social Media accounts."

"It was so nice having you on This or That. Thank you for coming. Any last words?"

"Yes. I would like to thank everyone who supports me and all my family and friends. And to urge all the young people out there to be strong and confident in whatever they're doing. So far as you're not hurting anyone or violating any rules, you're good to go. I've had times when I was judged for being a club waitress. I had judgmental stares wherever I went without them even knowing why I was doing that. Not to say there's something wrong with working in a club. Just be decent in all your doings, that's all. And Thank You for having me on your show." The applause goes wild in the studio, and I take pictures with a few people before finally heading out.

"That was the best show/interview ever! You got me teary-eyed." Cameron, as usual, exaggerates immediately I get to the agency.

"She's right! You carried the show! The reviews are good, and the comments are positive except for a few people who are still stuck in the 90s. Your career might even skyrocket to another level." Leslie adds. I feel so exhausted. I haven't had a good night's sleep since I arrived two days ago. All of a sudden, I feel so hot, and everything around me begins to spin.

"Oh My God... Kylie!" My brain reacts to Cameron's shouting. I look up at her. "You're bleeding." I lower my eyes down only to find blood in between my thighs.