Part 8- Pregnancy??

Chapter 8

I'm emptying my stomach in a WC. I don't know if I'm getting motion sickness because of the long drive from Cancun to San Miguel de Allende or the crazy Mexican food my friends are forcing down my throat. We're at San Miguel de Allende as part of our tour in Mexico. Gina and Brian are the ones who suggested we come here because, according to them, the town has a beautiful view with great food and wine.

"Are you okay?" Sophie's concerned voice comes through from the powder room. I emerge from the toilet and rinse my mouth with water. I nod, picking a tissue to wipe my mouth.

"You've been vomiting throughout this trip. Are you sure you're..."

"NO!" I stop Christine before she can complete her sentence. I know what will come next if I allow her to finish. The thought of that makes me scared as hell.

"We can leave if you're not feeling too well," Justin offers.

"Yes! We can totally do this some other time. Right, guys?" Gina backs him and they all agree.

"No! We don't have to. I think I got motion sickness and the Tamales didn't really sit well with my stomach." I assure them and request a glass of water. Justin and I are still not okay. We haven't talked since last night. We've been avoiding each other. This time, I don't want to be the mature one who's holding the relationship. I'm the one avoiding him more because he has tried to reach out a few times.

"It looks like we'll be having little Justin or little Kylie soon," Michelle says, grinning ear to ear.

"It looks like you have to shut up." My voice is stern and cold. Her smile ceases immediately.

"Don't talk to her like that," Sophie retorts.

"The nerve of you to defend her when you were busily..."

"Sophie!" I step on her toes, compelling her to cut it out. Christine looks oblivious to what is going on, but she senses we know what she did. My phone suddenly starts ringing, and I'm thankful to whoever is at the receiving end. I excuse myself to answer the call.

"I'm so sorry, Kylie, but..."

"Oh no! I hope it's not what I'm thinking?"

"Yes. I'm sorry, I tried to cancel it and reschedule it for when you get back, but Esmeralda is currently in Mexico. I mean she's Mexican and she insisted it will be great to have you do the bikini shoot and interview in Mexico."

"Things are not going so well here. This came at an extremely wrong time." I can't even find myself to argue with Leslie because I know it will be pointless. Esmeralda is as demanding and strict with her work schedules as anything else in this world. I've worked with her team before and I nearly went out of my mind. They want precision in everything, so much so that they end up suffocating you. Esmeralda is an amazing magazine and newspaper reporter, but she tends to get too intense.

"Esmeralda wants you to do this with Justin. Does this make any difference?" I open my mouth in astonishment.

"Of course, this will make a difference! Justin will totally go out of his mind. He hates the spotlight." I'm close to yelling.

Leslie laughs slightly. "How can he hate something he's surrounded with? His family is the spotlight." She's right!

I get back to the table, and I'm glad to find out the earlier tension is gone. Everyone is back to their usual selves; I guess I missed out on a lot.

Esmeralda is wasting no time in getting the shoot and interview done. You can imagine the curious eyes all around staring. Justin's reaction surprised me when I told him about the shoot.

"You can back out if you don't want to," I had said, but to my surprise, he cupped my face in his palms and said, "No! I've always wanted to do this with you. I'll definitely do this." You can imagine the look on my face when he said this. I was expecting him to lash out at me for working while we were on a vacation, but he didn't. I don't know if it's his way of making amends for the show he had put up the last time, but I'll definitely take it.