Part 33- Life & Death Situation.

Chapter 33

Alex breaks into tears at the sight of Sophie's bruised and lifeless body. I can't say I know how it feels for you to meet someone you are planning to marry in such a deteriorating state because, fortunately for me, Kylie is okay. She and the girl with her didn't sustain many injuries, but they're still unconscious.

"Fortunately, your wife is okay. She sustained some minor injuries, but it's nothing serious. She is unconscious because of the fall, but she'll regain consciousness soon."

"And the baby?" I inquire, my eyes bloodshot from so much crying.

"It looks like that baby in your wife's belly is really stubborn and strong. The child is in perfect condition. I'm really surprised it survived such a heavy fall. By the way, do you have any idea who the girl is?" I shake my head in response to her last question.

"What of Sophie? How is she?" A teary Christine asks.

"She's in a really critical condition. She has severe injuries. We rushed her to surgery immediately when her parents signed the paperwork. At this moment, she needs your prayers." I hug Alex. We then go to meet Sophie's parents. It's the first time I'm meeting them, but Christine seems familiar with them. They genuinely express their excitement in knowing that Kylie is okay.

"The investigation shows the accident was caused by a brake failure. It looks like someone tampered with the brakes of Kylie's car. Do you know anyone who would want to harm her?" Sophie's father queries, and I search deep in my mind, but no one comes to mind. She has her issues with my mom, but I doubt she would put her own grandchild in danger.

"What of Jenny and Laura?" I scratch my head and shake it.

"I doubt they can do something like this. They don't have the heart to."

"How can you be so sure?" Christine asks, but I can't help but brush off her claims. I know Jenny and Laura have their own little games, but I doubt they can go to such extremes.

"Sophie told me they were meeting at the KFC joint near Kylie's agency, which is right in Trasaco, so how come they were at East Legon?" Alex interrupts in a low voice. It's the same thought that has been running through my head all night. My thoughts are interrupted by the entrance of Kylie's mother, and I can't believe she brought her sister and her daughter along. Can't she ever go anywhere without them? I told my parents not to come because Kylie is fine. I'll just update them from here. I don't want to upset Kylie with the presence of my mom.

Staying by Kylie's bedside day and night, she finally regained consciousness. My happiness knows no boundaries at this moment. For the first time in a long time, I found my way to God because of Kylie. I spent hours praying to God and promising to do so much if He helps my Kylie get back on her feet, and He finally answered my prayers.

"Sophie. Where is she? How is she?" The words hardly fall out of her mouth. She has dark circles from sleeping for more than a week. I raise my head from the tip of the bed and quickly pour a glass of water for her. I raise her head up to help her drink it.

"Sophie is fine," I lie to her. I don't want her to have a relapse.

"And my baby?" A smile escapes my lips because, for the first time, she is concerned about her child.

"Don't worry. Little Justin is okay," I assure her with a chuckle.

She smiles and says, "How sure are you it's a boy?" I shrug and plant a soft kiss on her forehead. If I say Kylie is looking beautiful with baggy eyes and dark circles, then I'd be lying. No one ever looks beautiful in this kind of state, but I fell in love with her soul, her personality, and not the face. Well, I also fell in love with her sassiness and strong-headedness. Together with her sexy body and charming smile and how sarcastic she gets when someone belittles or says nasty things to her. She is everything I ever dreamt of. Even her stubbornness makes me love her more. After all the hurtful things I said to her, she still decided to forgive and give me a second chance. I am the luckiest man on earth to have such an amazing and breathtaking woman by my side. I'm not saying all this because she is on a hospital bed and almost lost her life but because I've always felt this way about her. No two ways. She captured my heart the very moment she put me in my place years ago. She wasn't scared of putting me off or even turning down my sexual advances, and I respected her so much for that brave act. Nobody ever resisted my charm, but she was the first one.

"So if I had aborted this child, would you have left me? Or would you have ever forgiven me?" I pause for a moment, then take her hand in mine and kiss it.

"I'd have been very mad at you. I won't lie. I'd have been extremely mad at you, but I would have also forgiven you, just like how you forgave me. You know why?" I ask, and she shakes her head. "Because I love you." I get close and kiss her. She smiles.