PART 1

CHAPTER 1

"Have you forgotten the rule?" I turn my eyes away from Justin who's using the toilet right in front of me whiles I'm showering.

"I'll never understand women! I see you naked all the time, and you're fussing about this?" He laughs.

"You're so gross. Kindly don't pollute the air." I say making faces.

"I'm just urinating. It's not like you haven't seen how thick and heavy this thing  is."

"Ew!!" I stomp my foot while he roars down with laughter. I can almost see tears in his eyes despite my eyes being shut. Before I know it, his masculine body is lurking behind me. His hand is massaging my breast and his lips are kissing my neck. I turn around with a smile and lean in to his kisses. As for what happens next, I'm sure you can imagine.

The thing about being married is, you can do your own things everywhere and anytime. It doesn't matter if it's on the couch or the kitchen island or the bathroom. No one will walk in on you and even if they do, you wouldn't feel embarrassed in any way.

Understood! Here's a slightly adjusted version that retains more of the original structure:

"I hurriedly rummage through my closet, grabbing whatever clothes catch my eye. I became so caught up in Justin's embrace that I completely forgot about my 10 am photoshoot. I almost stumble while putting on my heels. Justin laughs at my appearance as he lounges against the headboard. His lack of concern for an early start stems from being the boss and not having to answer to anyone else.

"You don't have to try so hard; you'll look sexy in anything," he says, prompting a loud laugh. It's something about him that I dislike. At times, I feel he doesn't take my career seriously. Seeing my frustration, he switches to a serious expression and begins preparing for work. Even though something positive emerged from that moment, I feel guilty for potentially ruining his day. I pause what I'm doing and hug him from behind.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't really angry; I just wanted you to stop joking around."
"I understand." He turns around and gives me a soft kiss on my lips. He's still the same muscular man I married, despite our lengthy stay in Ghana, where his accent remains unchanged. We delayed our wedding for a year because I wanted to establish my career first. I didn't want to just be known as the wife of the eldest son of the Rhode family. I wanted a life before marriage. As Beyoncé said, "it feels good to be referred to as 'my wife,' but you need to have a life in order to be someone else's wife."

My fears disappeared the moment I landed my first contract. It wasn't the endorsement deal that made me famous, but it helped me overcome my fears and insecurities. It was a makeup advertisement for a then-unknown brand. Back then, my face on their product could have meant success or failure. The thought of ruining it sent chills down my spine. Thankfully, everything turned out well, exceeding the expectations of my producers and the team.

"Kylie! YOU ARE LATE!" Leslie says through gritted teeth. Leslie is my agent and manager. I chose to work with her not just because of Justin but also because she's the calmest person I've ever met. Ever since my modeling career took off, Justin's insecurities have reached their peak. It's frustrating because I'm unsure how to make him trust me, even after almost five years of marriage.

"I'm sorry!" I cringe and rush into the dressing room. As soon as I enter, my dress is ripped off. Everything is hurried as I'm pushed into the first designer dress for the shoot. Those who have seen ANTM know how stressful model photoshoots can be, with makeup brushes pressed against your face and barely any time to breathe. If I didn't love this job so much, I'd call it stressful and time-consuming. But even amidst the stress, I find love and ease in my work, be it a commercial shoot, an advertisement, or modeling for a clothing line. I cherish every aspect of my career and marvel at how far I've come in a profession I once deemed impossible.

For someone who used to detest the spotlight and camera flashes, it's odd how effortlessly I deliver perfect facial expressions for each picture. As a model, people pay attention to what you're selling, so every look in a picture should convey a message to the audience. I credit my ability to do this well to my incredible team, making it seem easy for me."