Part 2

Chapter 2

I lower my tired body onto the spinning chair. I ache all over from so much turning in front of the camera. Leslie asked me to wait behind for a little 'discussion,' and I know what she means by that. Whenever we have 'discussions,' I end up with thousands of deals. I check the time on my phone, and it's thirty minutes after 6 pm.

"I'm sorry I kept you waiting," Leslie's meek voice comes through.

"It's fine! I kept you waiting in the morning, so you're paying me back. Nice!" I say, and she laughs. She picks something up from her drawer and drops it in front of me. I huff and scan through them lazily.

"Are you kidding me? Daniel Miller?" I exclaim, with my eyes bugged out.

"You know him?"

"Who doesn't know Daniel Miller?" She nods and settles in the armchair since I've taken her seat. I spin the chair around to face her.

"This is a huge deal! I had to kick my butt to get you this offer, and I'm not taking a No for an answer." I rest my head on the chair and scan through the contract well. It's a company that deals in beauty products. I just finished an 8-hour photoshoot only to model for a beauty product? I can't complain; I love what I do, but the last thing I want is to be on set with Daniel Miller. I had no idea I'll meet him again after high school.

I sigh. "So what goes into it?" I ask, still sitting lazily on the chair.

"A lot. We'll have to dye your hair." I jump up from my seat. Doesn't she know what hair dyes can do to a person's hair?

"Can't I just put on a wig? Haven't you read about what a red dye did to Ariana Grande's hair? She got Alopecia!"

"I know! I tried to reason with them, but the dye is part of their new hair product, and they want it all-natural. Plus, I told them I'll sue them if you get any reaction to it. You don't have to worry; I checked, and it's one hundred percent safe. That's not the only thing you'll be doing; there's going to be an advertisement video with you using all their products," she explains.

"And do I have to do it with Daniel?"

"Yes! He's an athlete. He's got the body, and they want him and only him to be the male model." I grin goofily at her and let myself out the door.

Most times, I get back from the agency before Justin gets back from work. After we got married, we bought a house at Trasaco. Justin and I didn't want to depend on his father for a house. It was more of my idea than Justin's because I wanted to contribute to our home with the little that I had. It's a four-bedroom house with a swimming pool and a terrace.

I decide to prepare something light since it's already 7 pm. One of the disadvantages of being a model is having to always watch what you eat and the time you eat it.

"Is that fried fish I smell?" I hear Justin's voice come through. He raises me and twirls me around. I kiss him. "Yes, it's for you! I fried yam as well." He smiles as he dips his hand into the colander to take a yam chip.

"Hey!" I hit the back of his hand, and he screams dramatically.

"I can't wait to go on this vacation." His face lights up as he says this. That is when I realize we've planned a vacation with our friends.

"When is it?" He takes out a tissue and wipes his hand.

"Did you seriously forget?" I close my eyes and blow out air through my mouth. "It's next weekend." He drops the tissue in the kitchen dustbin and turns away from the kitchen. That's what he does when he is mad at something. And I know he won't voice it out no matter how hard I try. I think he knows what will follow next.

"I have a short commercial to shoot next weekend." I force the words out avoiding eye contact with him.

"Of course! Go ahead. We'll take the lead." He responds coldly and climbs the stairs to the bedroom. He's pissed, and he has all the right to be. I've been postponing this vacation for almost a month now. In as much as I know I'm being selfish by not considering Justin and my friends, I also know I can't ditch my work duties like that. When work calls, it calls! And I expect Justin to understand this more than anyone. He has also had times where he had to cancel on our plans to go on a business trip.