Part 15

Chapter 15

If exhaustion were a person, that would be me, but I can't complain because I adore everything about my work. The Model and Beauty tour, our annual collaboration with modeling agencies worldwide, keeps us swamped as the year-end approaches. We plan promos and ads two months ahead to accommodate the holiday season, aiming for a fresh release.

Our journey started with a Tokyo fashion show, followed by a makeup ad shoot in the US. Then we did a magazine cover shoot in a diverse group, being the only African models in that area. The tour continued through Poland and two other countries before a music video project in Moscow. Russia amazed me with its vastness and development, albeit the biting cold that explains their confidence in conflicts.

"Red suits a romantic dinner."
"I've had enough of red, green, and white attire."
"Exactly! With Christmas around the corner, your agent must be pushing pre-holiday promos and shoots. I feel you." Ariana rummages through my closet, seemingly uninterested in my job's details, which I envy about her living her best life.

"Wow! This dress is fantastic." I grab a laced black dress from her.
"Don't tell me you're going with black for the date?" She makes faces, pointing at the dress.
"Since when did you become old-fashioned? You've always loved black. Besides, I think it's perfect." I'm unsure why she's fixated on my outfit for meeting Justin. He's my husband and will appreciate any attire. I just returned from Moscow, arriving in time for our planned date. Surprisingly, he was understanding about my business trip, a side of him I'm not used to, but it's relieving I made it for our date. Disappointing him is the last thing I want, so I'm glad our projects didn't clash with our plans.

I smile in the full-length mirror. The backless black dress looks stunning, complemented by Ariana's expertly styled hairdo.

Approaching his table in my red heels, my heart flutters like a teenager meeting a crush. He pulls out a seat for me, a gesture that hasn't changed since our first encounter.

We dine in silence, an unusual awkwardness between us.

"You look stunning." He compliments, lifting his head with a smile. I thank him and continue devouring the very spicy rice, not ideal for me.

"I've been reflecting and realized I wasn't fair to you. I shouldn't have said those hurtful things, especially considering all you do for us." He reaches out across the table. "I've never regretted meeting you. I love the feistiness and the busy Model wife I have. I should be proud of having you, and I'm sorry it took me being away to see your true value." My smile widens, appreciating his sweet words.

"Your therapist has worked wonders," I tease, trying to lighten the mood.
"Yeah, Gina is amazing. I realize you weren't the real issue, so I didn't push for couples therapy." I'm surprised by his mention of Gina as his therapist but grateful nonetheless.
"And about the children..." My smile fades. I thought he was making amends?"