Part 30

Chapter 30

"It's so nice to have you back here again, but next time, feed me pineapples that are fresh from the fridge."

"Is it just me, or have you really become annoying?"

"Trust me, it's not just you. She has really become annoying." I gasp dramatically and throw the air conditioner remote at Justin, but he ducks it.

After arguing for days about who should come stay with me at home when Justin is not around, we finally decided to let Ariana stay with us permanently. She went back home right after we returned from London, but life brought her back into our house.

"You two know I can't do much for you, right? I have school, and Kylie needs someone who can stay with her 24/7." Justin and I sigh, knowing that she is right. Julia is not even on the list because she can't stand me, and I don't want her to be around my baby. She might just poison the child's mind against me even before it's born. I know you all are rooting for my mom right now, but NO! She and I are not the best of friends, and I doubt we can stay in the same place for a day without arguing. She is too intense, and so am I. Before any of you call me a bad person, let me tell you, I've already informed her about it and I made sure to threaten her to never set eyes on her grandchildren if she tells my aunt and her pathetic daughter. If I hadn't done that, she would have run to tell them already.

"I'll take a break from work." My head shoots up to look at Justin.

"No, no. We both can't be jobless. How will we take care of our expenses?" I shriek.

"Oh Kylie! Stop being dramatic. We have more than enough money to take care of ourselves even if we don't work for five years."

"And who's going to take care of managing the Manufacturing Company?" Ariana asks the question uppermost on my mind.

"Jeremiah." Ariana and I burst into laughter. I'm not sure which Jeremiah he is talking about.

"Which Jeremiah? The one I know or another Jeremiah?" I ask with a chuckle.

"Hahaha. The one you're about to give birth to. Of course it's the one you know. He won't be in charge completely. I will work from home, and if there's a meeting that I can't do online or an emergency, I'll teach him what he needs to know, then he steps in for me. That's what I meant. I haven't talked to dad yet, but I know he will be more than willing to help when the time comes." I stare at Justin for a while after he finishes, then suddenly give him a warm hug. He seems surprised, but I'm the only one who knows how lucky I am to have someone like him as my husband.

When you're being instructed to stay home for a whole month, that is when you know what boredom really is and what it can make you do. I've made sure to get Netflix and Hulu accounts. I have also taken charge of my Social Media accounts. The past two weeks have been nothing but torture for Justin. I just wonder how he hasn't even run out of patience yet. And today I've decided to revive my dancing skills, and I'm doing it with none other than Justin and Ariana. I have seen the grumpy look on their faces, but I won't even mind them.

"This will be the first-ever post that is not about my work, so please make it nice," I say while adjusting the camera.

"I'll have to wear a scarf to cover my face when I go for lectures tomorrow. Everyone will be staring at me."

"What? Haven't you told them who you are? That is so mean of you!"

"Kylie! Kylie! Kylie! You've been so dramatic lately. I am not a fan of using the Rhode surname, so I usually use the Evans, and it's only my friends who know who I really am. Plus, UG is too big for everyone to know me." I throw my hands up to show I give up.

After posting my first TikTok video that has Justin and Ariana in it, all the questions those people who call themselves my followers are asking is only about my weight.

"No! I can't read them anymore. You're officially handling my phone." I push my phone to Justin.

"All the blog posts are about you showing off your family for the first time and your new acquired weight."

"Ugh!" I stomp my foot and rest my head on Justin's laps.

"Hahahaha. What were you expecting?"

"I was expecting them to talk about how much of a good dancer you and I are. And how much of a terrible dancer Ariana is," I whine.

"Some people did praise your dancing skills, though."

"So why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I love seeing you throw your little tantrums." I make an "aww" face. He brings his head down and plants a long soft kiss on my lips. He caresses my thighs, rubbing his hands on the bare flesh of my skin. With his lips tasting like the pineapples he stole from the fridge. He has already started stealing things that are meant for me.