Part 14- "Do you mind explaining to me why you have your ring off?"

Chapter 14

"Is your husband trying to get you and every other model in this building fat?"

"You should be applauding me for having such a sweet and thoughtful husband." I take one of the Pringles containers out of the hamper and dip my hand in it. Justin has been trying his best to go back to the times when we were dating. We haven't started our couples therapy yet, but I'm sure his therapist is advising him to do all these things. He's being sweet and all, but when I recall our last fight, it sends shivers down my spine. He doesn't realize the magnitude of his actions and how much they've affected me. I may still be mad at him and unsure about a lot of things, but I'm never rejecting Pringles for anything. He knows how much I love the hot and spicy flavor of Pringles, and he hasn't wasted any time supplying them to my workplace every afternoon. Not to mention the boxes of chocolates and flowers, which I don't really like. I don't know who gave him the idea that I love flowers.

"You should be happy! If I get fat, you'll get more endorsement deals."

"That's right! You're actually stopping our shine in this agency. Everyone wants you."

"And are you jealous?"

"Of course I am. Who wouldn't be? We hardly get any deals because every company wants you." Cameron lowers her hand into my hamper and takes one of my Pringles. Cameron is one of the girls at the agency. She is extremely fair, which suits her blonde hair dye. She's one of the few girls who actually likes me here because everyone thinks I'm too wild and unapproachable due to how I look and my popularity. Sometimes I feel others are intimidated to get close. I don't even know why because I don't remember having fangs or a 666 sign on my forehead.

"Do you mind explaining to me why you have your ring off?" I huff at the question coming at me. I'm wearing this tight peach-colored wig, and it's ripping my skull apart. The last thing I need is Leslie's interrogation about my wedding ring.

"Isn't it obvious? I'll be on the runway in less than 30 minutes. Nobody wears their wedding ring on the runway." I shrug, and she hits me with the back of her palm.

"Don't get sarcastic with me. I've seen you these past weeks, and you haven't worn it to work once." I get up from the stool and head out of the dressing room but not before smiling widely at her. I do that to her anytime I don't want to talk about Justin.

Just like Gucci, Prada, and all the other famous clothing lines in the world, Livae is the leading clothing line and accessories in Ghana at the moment. I am comparing it to all these world-known brands because I believe in no time, Livae will get there. You can't imagine my excitement when Leslie told us about getting the deal for the runway walk with their latest designs. And my excitement is mostly because I get to do this with all the girls at the agency. We've all been doing solo projects for a while now, and this is the first time in months that we'll be doing something together.

We are done with all the swaying of hips and the intense catwalk, but I must say the clothes are beautiful, and I wouldn't mind buying thousands of them. But the last thing I need is to build another walk-in closet. And the accessories? Oh my God! They're so amazing and so expensive.

"Someone just bought the Ruby ring you were eyeing so much." Cameron jumps up in delight.

"That ring is so expensive."

"Nothing, that, Justin Rhode Evans wouldn't be able to afford." I gasp.

"What... What do... What do you mean? Justin is here?" I clench my teeth and scan through the crowded room from backstage. Even with the dark room and dim lights, I can still spot his white skin in a blue suit.

"This surely has to be Leslie's doing. This is a private event, and only an insider could have sent him an invitation." I mutter under my breath. His therapist must be spewing a lot of stuff into his head because he is acting insane. Driving all the way to Akosombo to attend this event must have really messed with his head to buy that ring. Putting the ring aside, it also dawns on me how he has never been to any of my runway shows or events, but he is here now. Being supportive! Something he has never done and it's something I really want to applaud his therapist for. I can't think of that now because I need to deal with Justin and Leslie and possibly Ariana. Yes! I gave her a free invitation to attend because she has always wanted to be present at an event like this, and she repays me by sneaking in her two college friends. She is so dead!

I get home to find Justin soundly asleep. Some part of me is itching to find out whom he bought that ring for or what he's using it for, and some other part still can't forget how he's been acting all sweet and forgetting the main thing. All I need from him is a sincere apology. A sincere one, but he's making the whole thing look like a joke, and it's pissing me off. Whatever he's learning or adopting in therapy is great, and I love his sweet and supportive gestures, but I wonder why they're not telling him to learn how to make a really sincere apology and make promises he can stick to. Justin is like a kid. He jokes around with basically everything. I need him to come up with a much greater damage control. Which is finding a deep spot in his heart to make and store sincere apology techniques and learn how to stick to promises. And most importantly, he needs to learn how to trust me. I am his wife, not some bitchy girlfriend.

I move closer and cover his body with the blanket. It's cold, and I don't want him to get sick. That is when I find a note on his bedside table.

"Please go out to dinner with me?" A part of me smiles, but then I remember I have a model's tour, and I'll be leaving tomorrow. I gasp.