Chapter 35:

More of Ash being very 'evil' (And fluff) :D

-----------------------------------------------------

Felix laid across my lap as I trailed my fingers through his hair, a warm, fuzzy feeling rumbling away behind my ribs as I listened to the soft sighs that left him every now and again.

Each time my fingers brushed against his scalp, soft tingles ran through my hand.

It was such a peaceful and cozy scene, a scene that was both foreign and so very soothing on my soul.

''Ashy'' Felix sighed out, his voice just barely on this side of a soft, breathy moan as he rolled over, turning so his face was right against my hip.

Dear lord above, give me strength. . .

I loved spending time with my boyfriend. . .But I swear he would be the death of me.

''Ashy do you wanna go out together tomorrow? There's this lovely carnival downtown I wanted to visit'' Felix groaned out as he stretched out, his back arching as he still remained laying across my lap.

His eyes fluttered closed as me groaned/moaned again, his back making an honestly nice sounding pop.

Something I couldn't appreciate due to the fact I was trying my fucking best not to get aroused by my sweetly innocent boyfriend who was making very tempting noises and arching his body in a way that made me want to run my hands up and down every inch of his skin.

''When did you start calling me Ashy?'' I questioned quietly as Felix continued to talk.

''There's a ferris wheel! Some balloon games and even a movie they're running on a projector!'' Felix was excitedly explaining as my attention turned to my phone which was quietly buzzing with a series of excited texts.

''Of course we can go, I'll treat you to whatever you want'' I murmured softly as he laid his head back down on my lap, allowing me to go back to idly running my fingers through his hair, scratching at his scalp every now and then.

Flicking open my texts, I blinked in surprise at the news article Alex sent me.

'High profile witness in the Caplone case disappears'

A small smirk danced across my face as I clicked on the link, reading a bit into the article.

Oh this is just golden. . .

'The unknown witness in the Caplone case -A last ditch effort by the opposition's lawyer, Seth Baker- has pulled their statement and disappeared from the states. With this sudden disappearance, it is near impossible that the opposition's lawyer will be able to convict the alleged mob boss now'

Smiling, I texted back my approval at my team's work, incredibly amused and impressed at what they managed to achieve in such a short amount of time.

 What I got back was a series of pictures of my team outside the witness's house.

Didn't need to see that but. . .Okay.

With two down, that just left my boyfriend's main tormentor. . .And the one I intended to deal with personally.

Smiling, I put my phone up before turning my full attention back to my sweet soulmate.

--- Time skip ---

Humanity is a trying burden at times.

Even more so when you're required to deal with them for a set amount of time.

Just three more hours left to my shift. . .Then I can go to sleep.

My team members. . .Bird. Bird was looking into Edward and his business, doing the boring tracking and stalking for me.

I was very grateful and just this morning I had sent him a box of his favorite chocolate covered orange slices.

Everything was falling into place.

I couldn't be. . .Well, happier isn't the right word. . .However it was something like that, but a bit more vindictive.

My thoughts were drawn away from violent and painful thoughts by the bell over the door ringing.

Looking up, I both was, and wasn't surprised to see a pissed off Chase storm into the gas station, his gaze snapping to me instantly.

''What do you wan-'' I started to question before Chase stepped behind the counter with me, grabbing me tightly by my upper arm, dragging me outside before I could process what was going on.

What the fuck?

As soon as we were outside, my senses returned to me, I started to thrash about in his grip, trying to pull away from the other man as he manhandled me along to the side of the building.

Oh hell fucking no! I'm not getting shanked by some low life copper.

''Let go of me you pig!'' I snarled out before the air was very quickly forced out of my lungs as Chase slammed me up against the concrete wall.

A small cough left me as the other man got into my face, fury and hate in his eyes.

''I know exactly what you've been up to you little bastard.'' The taller man snarled out, a hand moving to press against my throat, his grip tightening.

Shuddering, my hands snapped up to grip at his arm, trying weakly to pry his fingers off of my throat.

''I don't know how you started those riots. Or even how you messed up Seth's case. But I know it was your scheming, sorry ass that did it.'' Chase hissed, his grip tightening until spots started to dance at the edges of my vision.

''Listen. And listen good boy. Stay out of our relationship. Or so help me. I will rip you limb from limb'' The other man whispered, leaning forwards until he we speaking quietly in my ear, his breath tickling against my skin, making me shudder.

Air! I need air!

Next thing I knew, the ground was quickly approaching me as I was released, dropping to the ground like a sack of rocks as Chase stepped back, sneering down at me as he readjusted his hat.

''Stop messing up other people's lives.'' He hissed out quietly as he started to walk off, not even turning to look at me as I lightly touched my throbbing throat.

I watched him leave, in a mild bit of shock as the tingles I couldn't feel past the prior pain started to barely register.

I. . .Don't know why but. . .I-. . .I didn't expect him to just. . .Attack me. . .

A part of me, illogically, was hurt by his actions despite my lack of care for him.

Should. . .Should I be worried about his warning?

------------------------------------------------------------------

:D Chase be very protective over those he loves.

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen