Chapter 14:

:D Random update time's here!

-------------------------------------------------

I was right, Dealing with my gang today left a burning, Throbbing headache pounding behind my eyes.

So, As soon as the unruly and disloyal gang members were dealt with, I headed to the gas station I worked at to go buy some Aspirin.

I wasn't about to suffer through this long enough to get home.

The closest place to buy Aspirin happened to be where I worked, Which was. . .Awkward seeing as I knew the person working the counter.

Thankfully though, With a quiet explanation that I was in pain, My day time co-worker instantly went to fetch and ring up the bottle for me.

I was left to lean slightly on the counter as I waited for them to return to me.

Unfortunately, The bell above the door rung slightly as someone entered.

''Oh!'' A familiar, And currently, Annoying, Voice said from over by the door.

Chase. Still in his cop uniform, Instantly approached me, Looking very concerned.

''Ashton, Are you alright?'' He questioned, Instantly resting his hands on my shoulders as his gaze snapped over every visible inch of me.

He was checking me for injuries, Which was sweet, But with my current headache, Being touched and stared at was making me feel queasy.

''I'm fine. . .Please let go of me'' I murmured, My voice slightly strained as I attempted not to shove his hands off of me.

This was much too early in the afternoon to be touched by another person.

He took the hint thankfully, Pulling back and keeping his hands to himself.

''Apologies, That was uncalled for on my part'' He muttered, Taking a step back and putting on a more resigned tone and demeanor.

Odd. . .But refreshing right now.

I was going to respond when my coworker returned, Aspirin in hand.

Quickly, I paid for it, All the while feeling Chase's eyes on me.

Once I had the receipt, I pocketed it before plopping two pills from the bottle into my hand. 

Chase didn't say a thing to me, Instead, Walking up to the counter to speak with the cashier.

That was fine by me as I slowly tuned him out, Popping the pills into my mouth and dry swallowing them.

I grimaced slightly as they were hard to swallow down but at this rate, I didn't care, I just wanted to get rid of my headache as soon as possible.

A small sigh left me as I opened my eyes, Not having noticed that I had closed them.

''Uh. . .Something the matter?'' I asked hesitantly as I saw Chase was back to staring at me again.

''Are you sure you're fine?. . .You don't really look like you're fine'' He commented, His hands twitching towards me before he seemingly caught himself, Moving to clasp his hands behind his back instead.

''You don't need to worry about me. I'm fine'' I assured him again, But I doubted he heard the last part, Seeing as he frowned as soon as I said 'You don't need to worry about me'.

''Of course I need to worry about you, You're my soulmate, Since I'm older then you that means you're my responsibility'' He muttered, His brows furrowed slightly as he spoke.

I could see my coworker watching all of this intently.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, I grabbed Chase by the arm before dragging the surprisingly compliant man out of the gas station.

I didn't want our upcoming conversation to give any more gossip for any of my relationship starved coworkers.

Chase's coworker and their squad car was sitting at one of the pumps

The woman watched me but didn't make a move to interfere when I drug Chase behind the gas station.

My frustration was distracting me from my very slowly ebbing headache.

It didn't distract me from the slowly building pain in my side, So when I spun around to face the other man again, I may or may not have winced ever so slightly.

Before Chase could comment on my wince, I spoke, Diving right to why I dragged him back here to begin with.

''Look, You're a nice guy, But like I said at the hospital, I don't. Want. A. Relationship. I'm not your responsibility or your anything'' I stated, Keeping my tone neutral in hopes of not hurting the possibly kind man's feelings.

The man before me let out a long sigh before he slowly removed his arm from my hand.

''I am very sorry Ashton, However, I'm not exactly planning on giving up on winning you over'' He informed me, Making my heart sink.

Oh no he's going to be like Felix. . .Waaait a minuet. . .

''Look. . .I'm not going to be even remotely swayed, But. . .If you want to try swaying someone. . .There's another soulmate who I've met who doesn't seem to know you. . .'' I said slowly, Throwing out the bait and waiting for the interested man to take a bite.

Chase's eyebrows slowly raised before the taller man inclined his head slightly, Inviting me to continue.

''If you want. . .I can. . .See if I can bring him to meet you. . .He's very excited about having soulmates. . .I might be able to convince him to come'' I explained further, He looked clearly curious.

This might work out really well. . .I can kill two birds with one stone here. . .If Chase is busy with Felix then he'll leave me alone, And Felix will get what he wants so he'll leave me be as well. . .

Chase nodded slowly, A thoughtful look on his face.

''That would be very much appreciated'' He said slowly before he lifted his hands, Placing them on either side of my face.

''But, I'm still not going to stop trying to sway you'' He said firmly before letting me go and stepping back out from where I had hidden the two of us, Calling out a greeting to his partner.

Well fuck me then I guess. . .

---------------------------------------------------------

:D

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen