Chapter 7: Annoying

:T

-------------------------------------------------------

''You sure you haven't see this man before? It's very important we find him'' The officer continued, Not taking the hint.

''If I said I haven't seen him, Why do you think my answer would change if you just ask me again?'' I asked slowly and bluntly, Trying to make it as clear as I could that I really didn't want to be talking to him.

I watched on as he briefly ran his fingers through his curly mop of hair, Looking frustrated as he readjusted his hat.

''Okay, Fine, I'll just put this up on the corkboard over there'' He said, Gesturing to the corkboard we had resting on the counter, It had pictures of lost pets and people on it. . .It also had listings for random lessons in random topics as well as listings of things for sale.

''You have to get permission from the manager first to do that.'' I stated as soon as he walked over to the board.

He let out a heavy sigh, before whispering under his breath 'Of course I do'.

''And where's this manager?'' The officer. . .Chase according to his name tag, Asked.

''Not here, You'll have to wait until morning at least to talk to him'' I muttered plainly, No sympathy for the officer in front of me.

Sighing, He walked up to the counter again, Leaning on it slightly.

With him leaning over me, Our height difference became pretty damn clear.

''You know, You're not making this easy at all'' He muttered, His eyes narrowed but no anger or hate in them.

He just looked tired.

It is pretty late. . .Considering the man he's looking for. . .I'm guessing he's being forced to pull an all night-er. . .

Deciding to cut him a break, I looked away from him.

''I'm going to restock a shelf. . .If that wanted paper end up on the corkboard while I'm gone, No one will take it down'' I muttered as I picked up a box of pretty bad tasting granola bars that I knew for a fact didn't need to be restocked.

As I walked past the officer, I noticed him shooting me a grateful look before he headed back over to the board.

So stupid. . .Being kind to someone who wouldn't hesitate to put me behind bars. . .Not the best thing to do all things considered. . .At least he'll leave now. . .Hopefully.

I hung back near the granola bars for a while, Pretending to stock the shelf.

This spot here was a blind spot for the many cameras in this gas station store.

Better not make me regret doing this. . .

After a minuet or so, I headed back to the counter, Ignoring the new piece of paper on the corkboard.

Despite the fact that the wanted paper was now on the board, The officer was still here.

Letting out an annoyed sigh, I pointedly started to ignore him.

He didn't take the hint. Of course.

''How old are you?'' He questioned, Looking me up and down as he spoke.

Of course he'd be a creep. . .

I instinctively rested my hand on the knife I always kept in my pocket.

''I fail to see how my age is your problem.'' I bit out, My eyes narrowing.

His eyebrows furrowed slightly in confusion before he seemed to realize why I was so weary.

''Oh gosh no no, I'm asking because you seem far too young to be working at a gas station in the middle of the night, Alone'' He pointed out, Moving to lean slightly on the counter as he spoke.

He didn't seem too concerned about the little miss-understanding.

Narrowing my eyes, I stared up at him for a moment before looking away, My body tense.

''I'm not alone. I have a co-worker.'' I stated, My voice slowly losing emotion.

This man was no doubt going to annoy me, So I was already numbing my emotions in preparation of the headache I'd no doubt be dealing with soon enough.

I watched as he glanced down the aisles, An eyebrow arched when he looked back to me.

''And where exactly is this 'Co-Worker'?'' He questioned, His tone of voice gentle.

This is amusing him. . .

Narrowing my eyes, I was about to say something when the bell over the door rung quietly as a customer entered.

''Did you know a pig's arresting some kids outsi-'' The person started to say before her eyes landed on the officer who was currently leaning on the counter near me.

I could see him arching an eyebrow at that, Looking amused.

''Really? Never would have guessed.'' I muttered bluntly, Not feeling even remotely bad about the embarrassed look she got on her face at that before hurrying off down one of the aisles.

I busied myself with cleaning up the counter as the cop in here with me started to look at the other papers on the corkboard.

''Does anyone actually take these things?'' He asked after a while, Holding up a small paper tag from an advert about sexy dancing lessons.

''Mostly overweight, Balding creeps, Planning up taking a lesson?'' I questioned, Adding on the last bit in an attempt to make him suffer as much as me.

He gave me a small, Crooked closed mouth smile before throwing the paper ticket into the trash.

''Um. . .Can I get these checked out?'' The girl asked, Having snuck a bit closer to the counter while the officer and I were talking.

Nodding, I accepted the items from her, Checking out the pop and candy she had selected.

Once she paid for said items, I handed her them, Having bagged them already.

''Thanks. . .Uh, Good luck'' She said as she backed away, Nearly bumping into the door before she hurried outside.

''. . .Odd. . .'' The officer commented quietly as I wiped down the counter.

I had no reason to clean this much, But it kept me from having to keep up constant conversation with this rather overly friendly cop.

''Chase, I need your help out here'' His partner called, Thankfully catching his attention and getting him out of the gas station.

. . .Well. . .He was less annoying than I expected. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------

:)

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen