Chapter 1: Tasks

Welp. . .Ashton's time to shine. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I loosely held a knife in my hand as I slowly and calmly followed the blood trail and small whimpers I heard deeper in the park.

''P-Please, I-It was just a mistake. . .I-I didn't mean to, Please'' The scum bag in front of me babbled, His hand clutching at the bleeding stab wound on his chest.

I didn't say anything to his pleas as he cowered below one of the trees, Tears falling freely from his face as he trembled like a leaf.

My lip curled back slightly in a sneer as my emotions clicked off like a light.

Bringing my knife down, I sunk it back into the writhing man's shoulder.

''Shouldn't have made that mistake then'' One of my second in commands hissed out quietly behind me as the man screamed in pain, Pinned to the tree he had cowered beneath by the knife stabbed through his shoulder.

''P-Please. . .M-Mercy'' The man below me begged, His voice breaking with sobs.

Instead of giving mercy, I took a step forwards, Placing my heel directly on the man's crotch.

He had just enough time to realize the amount of danger his member was in before I stepped down, Putting all my weight on one foot.

The scum bag's eyes widened as his mouth opened in a silent scream before he passed out. 

Pressing down a bit more, I eventually felt something pop.

Stepping off of him, I reached forwards, Pulling the knife from his shoulder.

His body flopped down to the ground as I walked back over to my two second in commands.

''Oliva, Call an ambulance'' I mumbled as I walked past the two of them.

I knew the girls were following me without having to turn and check.

''Ambulance is on it's way'' Oliva informed me, Closing the flip phone she had grabbed and tossing it down a nearby storm drain.

I nodded slightly, Not really too happy to hear this human scum was going to live.

We're many things, But we're not killers. . .Besides. . .She asked for his life to be spared. . .

One of the many things my little gang and I were was the justice around these parts.

No one trusted the police around here, Rightfully so, Most people were in gangs after all, The police were the enemies.

The adults didn't come to us, But their children however? They knew we'd deal with their problems.

That maggot we 'took care of' happened to be the father of a little eleven year old girl by the name of Alice.

Said little girl came to our gang's hideout crying and bleeding.

Turns out he had been beating his wife ever since he got fired from work, When she didn't come home one day, The scum of a man decided to take his pent up rage out on little Alice.

Her mom may not have known who to go to, But she sure did.

''Mia, Have one of our scouts watch their house, If he starts acting out again we'll teach him another lesson.'' I muttered curtly to the other girl following me.

''Saying please won't kill you'' Mia sang out but thankfully started to dial a number on her phone.

Looking back at her, I gave a dead eyed stare, Un-amused with her joke's timing.