Chapter 18:

Don't worry, Ash is going to be okay

--------------------------------------------------------

My body was burning up while I sat in the passenger's seat of Chase's car, My brain swimming and the sounds of the world failing to make sense.

Not even Felix's excited talking made sense to me at the moment.

I sort of knew what was happening and why I was so out of it.

My meds sometimes make me feel like shit when I forget to take them on time, And guess what I forgot to take?

I'll be fine. . .I just have to get home and do my best to not forget my meds again until I'm fully healed up.

''Ash? Are you going to be staying for a while too?'' Felix asked, His voice just barely making it through the daze.

Blinking a few times, I slowly shook my head, Struggling to come fully back to myself.

''No. . .No, I've got to head home. . .My dad will worry otherwise'' I muttered, Clearing my throat when my voice started off raspy.

''Oh! You could ask your dad if you can stay out late to meet your soulmates!'' Felix 'advised' excitedly, Clearly eager for me to join him in meeting the others.

I gave him a tired, Thin lipped smile before I tried to explain yet again that I wouldn't be staying.

Before I could get more than a 'I' out, Chase spoke up.

''We're here'' Chase announced, Drawing both of our attentions towards the mini mansion we had pulled up outside of.

Of fucking course.

The sturdy metal gate out front slowly opened, Revealing a large sprawling lawn leading up to the house.

''Oh wow, This is a bit bigger than my parent's home!'' Felix said excitedly, Bouncing slightly in his seat like an energetic little kid.

I let out a tired sigh before a hand was gently placed on top of mine, Startling me a bit.

''You still hanging in there?'' Chase asked quietly while Felix was distracted.

''I'll be fine. I just want to go home'' I whispered back, My voice a tiny bit hoarse.

Chase had a worried look on his face, But despite that, He nodded in acceptance and dropped the questioning.

''Alright, Let me drop Felix off with Seth and then I'll drive you home'' Chase assured me before driving up to the house, Parking out front.

He gave my hand a gentle squeeze before opening his car door and stepping out.

''Come on Felix, Let's go introduce you to Seth'' Chase said warmly, Gently ushering the younger man towards the house.

Soon, I was left in silence as the front door closed behind Chase and Felix.

My body was sore. . .My side aching faintly as the pain meds I HAD remembered to take were starting to wear off.

The sun was still in the sky but it was starting it's travel towards sunset right about now.

Dad won't be getting home for a few more hours. . .Maybe I can take my meds and be better before he gets back. . .

I really didn't want to make my dad worried, He always gets so worried when I show even the slightest sign of being unwell.

 Letting out an exhausted sigh, I closed my eyes to try and ease the scratchy, Tired feeling I had in them.

It took a while, But eventually I heard the door close and footsteps approach the car.

''Are you sure you want to go home. . .And not to the hospital?'' Chase checked, Drawing my attention.

Giving him a tired look, I let out a sigh before nodding.

''Yes, I'm sure'' I muttered, Just. . .Done with all of this.

This. Has been a long fucking day.

The quiet rumble of the car eventually lulled me off to sleep without my notice.

My dreams mostly consisted of wandering through some strange forest before I was slowly woken by someone gently shaking my shoulder.

''Hey, We're at your home'' A gentle, Soft velvety voice informed me as I slowly stirred awake.

''Mnn. . .How'd you know where I live?'' I questioned slowly, Regaining my barings while I spoke.

I'm in a car. . .Chase's car. It's pulled up outside of my house, None of the lights are on inside. My body is sore. . .I forgot to take my meds. . .

''I asked you a while ago, While I was driving you home. . .Don't you remember?'' Chase questioned gently, Concern clear on his face.

Boy I really must have been out of it. . .

Brushing aside how concerning that was, I tried to step out of the car.

Only for my legs to start to buckle as soon as I put any weight on them.

Once again, Chase reached out and caught me, His arms warm and strong as they wrapped around me, Stopping me from face planting onto the hard and unforgiving sidewalk below.

''Thanks. . .'' I murmured, A bit embarrassed but also grateful for his quick action.

''Here, I'll take you inside'' Chase offered kindly, Lifting me effortlessly into his arms, Holding me bridal style.

Which. . .Instantly made me uncomfortable.

Mostly because I felt fairly safe, Held in his warm arms.

''I. . .Can still walk, Please put me down'' I requested as he carried me to the front door.

''You just fell a moment ago, I'm not about to just put you down and let you get hurt'' He informed me sternly, Carrying me up the fairly damaged front steps.

''Yeah but you don't have the keys for my home, And even if you did, You wouldn't be able to open the door without putting me down anyways'' I pointed out, Trying to weakly struggle out of his hold.

He tightened his grip slightly before sighing and giving me a stern look.

''Alright, But if you even stumble then I'm picking you back up again'' He informed me firmly before setting me back down on the floor.

Rolling my eyes, I pulled my house key out of my pocket.

''My knight in shining armor'' I muttered sarcastically, Giving him a tiny smile in hopes it lessens the teasing of my words.

Chase didn't respond to that, Just remained hovering close by as I leaned on the door while unlocking it.

Carefully I pushed it open before stepping inside.

Thinking better of it but not stopping, I turned back to Chase and held the door open a little wider.

''Do you want to come in for a bit?'' I offered, The politeness I had instilled in me was rearing it's ugly head.

---------------------------------------------------------

:)

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen