Chapter 11:

Ayy. Finally got time to update this!

---------------------------------------------------------------

I dipped my head slightly in silent permission for him to touch me.

Normally I'd avoid someone touching me, However, I was curious. . .And as the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat or in this case. . .Killed my mood.

I yanked my arm back as soon as his fingers lightly brushed over my skin, Sending semi pleasant tingles up and down my arm.

He started to reach out towards me again before stopping himself, His hand hovering near my arm but not touching me.

''Ashton are you alright?'' Dad questioned, Shooting to his feet when he saw my reaction, Concern in his eyes as he hurriedly approached where I was sitting, The officer, Chase, Moving out of his way.

Chase moved to stand over by the door as I stared down at my hand, Feeling somewhat betrayed by my own biology.

Another soulmate. . .And an officer no less. . .

Chase didn't seem like that bad of a guy, But still, I didn't want soulmates, And having one who was an officer would make life all the harder. . .All the more dangerous. . .

''I'm alright dad. . .He's. . .Apparently my soulmate'' I muttered bluntly, Rubbing at my eyes as I felt a migraine starting to pound at the insides of my skull.

I most likely should have put that better, Been a bit more. . .Emotional in the statement. . .But with how exhausted I was, I couldn't muster up enough energy to put tact or emotion into my words.

''Ah'' Was all my dad said to that as Chase nervously rubbed at the back of his head, Clearly feeling awkward.

I could understand why he felt awkward.

This was supposed to be an emotional moment in people's lives, Most react with joy or excitement or awe or anger or sorrow, No matter what, It's almost always a strong emotion.

Hell, Ever single movie, Even the supernatural ones, Have people reacting with strong emotions.

Yet here I was, Reacting like this was something boring, Unimpressive.

''I'm. . .Sorry you had to find this out at a time like this. . .'' Chase said hesitantly, Clearly unsure if he should be apologetic or not.

Dad ignored him as I let out a sigh, Turning my attention to him.

''You don't have to apologize, You've done nothing wrong'' I assured him, Taking the mature route instead of blaming him for something that was out of his control.

''Um. . .If you want, We can assign an officer to watch your house until the coast seems clear'' Chase offered, Still acting nervous and awkward as he approached the bed and I again.

Glancing up at my dad, I could see uncertainty in his eyes, His feelings echoing mine on this.

''If you think it'll make you feel safer'' Dad muttered softly to me, He clearly didn't like this idea but was willing to let it happen if it would help me.

''No thank you, We'll be fine'' I muttered, Slowly getting up off the bed, Leaning slightly on my dad when I wobbled a bit.

Chase frowned slightly before nodding, Putting his hat back on before a polite and somewhat strained smile formed on his face.

''Alright. . .On a more personal note. . .I'd be very grateful if you'd join my partners and I for dinner at our house. . .They'll love meeting you I'm sure'' Chase said, Giving me a hesitantly warm smile.

I stared at him blankly before closing my eyes and shaking my head slightly.

''I'm sorry, But I don't want to meet your partners, I don't mean to be offensive but I don't. . .I don't want to get to know them or you'' I stated bluntly, Trying nip this in the bud before anything could bloom in his heart or anything like that.

He grimaced slightly before nodding, Pulling a piece of paper and a pen out of his pocket as he started to speak.

''Alright. . .If you ever change your mind, You can find our house here, And this is my phone number'' Chase said as he wrote something down on the piece of paper before handing it to me, An address, House and street number and a phone number were all listed on the paper.

I nodded silently, Accepting the paper from him without a word, Placing it in my pocket.

He dipped his head towards my dad and I, Wishing us a sorrowful 'Have a good day' before leaving, Presumably to head back to work.

Once he was gone, I didn't get a break in the flow of visitors.

He was gone for at most two minutes before a group of four people hurried into my room.

Two girls, One who had the other in a head lock, A tired looking boy and a certain special eyed red haired boy.

''Hey'' He whispered, Relief in his eyes as I sat back down, Not longer feeling like standing anymore.

''Aye! You're not out of it still are ya?'' Mia questioned cheerfully, Squirming free of Olivia's hold to run up to the bed and sit down quickly on it, Right next to me.

She was about to throw her arms around me in a hug before Olivia stopped her.

''Mia no, He's better but he's still healing! You're going to hurt him!'' She chided, Moving forwards to pull her away from me as she went limp in her arms, Playing the dramatic card as Olivia dragged her out of the room.

Bird watched calmly before giving me a small closed lipped smile.

''Good to see you're doing better, It's hell around our 'hang out' without you there'' Bird said in his normal resigned cheerfulness as he moved forwards to lightly pat me on my back.

''I take it we'll talk more when I get out of here?'' I checked, At his nod I nodded back, Turning my attention to Felix as Bird gave me a brief 'peace' sign before following Olivia to wait outside for some reason or another.

I remembered the plan I had with the other boy. . .I also remembered the fact that missed said meet up the plan entailed.

. . .He doesn't seem mad. . .That might not be a good sign though. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------

Welp, Don't worry, Ashton won't remain so distant, He'll be dealing with his emotions over all this once so many people aren't around. . .

Also, This thing updates randomly because I work on this in my spare time, Which is little and far between, So, Sorry that this takes so long to update, No it's not been abandoned.

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen