Chapter 17:

Here we go. . .

----------------------------------------------------

Our little meeting was going pretty well all things considered.

I trailed close beside Felix as he chatted with Chase, Only speaking up when Felix would get nervous and start stuttering.

Which was. . .Fairly often at the start as Felix struggled to try and impress Chase.

After a while though, Chase and I both managed to get Felix to stop trying to impress and just act more like himself.

He was quite upbeat about life and everything in general.

They both seemed to be hitting it off really well by now, Both of them had smiles on their faces, Felix's much brighter than Chase's more subdued one.

''It's getting pretty late. . .Would you like to come back to my place and meet the others?? If it's okay with your parents of course'' Chase offered, Holding out his hand in an offer to Felix.

Glancing over at Felix, I noticed he seemed to have a 'deer in the headlights' look on his face, Having been caught off guard.

''You really make a habit of inviting people over to your house a lot don't you?'' I questioned, Giving Felix time to think the offer over.

Chase opened his mouth, About to speak when Felix seemed to snap out of his daze, Jumping right back to his cheerful demeanor.

''I'll uh. . .I'll go ask my mom, Ash will you wait here. . .Please?'' Felix requested excitedly, Giving me a pleading look while he spoke.

I could feel my cold, Emotionless heart clench at that look.

Grumbling, I waved him away, Leaning heavily against a tree as Felix darted off, My face warming a bit.

That kid is very swiftly wrapping me 'round his pinkie finger.

Silence descended upon the two of us as Chase slowly moved to stand next to me, Crossing his arms across his chest.

''Well. . .He seems to like you'' I commented absently, Glancing around at my surroundings, Suspicious of the people wandering by.

Middle aged moms and their whiny kids were walking past, Giving us very judging looks as they passed, Many of them pulling their kids further away from Chase and I.

''He is very sweet. . .Can't help but notice he's quite a bit nervous though'' Chase commented, Arching an eyebrow as he spoke.

''Is. . .That a deal breaker?'' I questioned slowly, Glancing over at him as I spoke.

Your answer will change how I view you depending on what you say.

He hummed slightly, Arching an eyebrow at my defensive tone.

''Hardly. . .Although I would like to know why he's so nervous'' He muttered, Giving me a pointed look.

I hummed quietly, Glancing away from him again.

Weird. . .I feel a bit light headed. . .Something I'll have to deal with later I guess.

''I don't think he's ever been in a relationship before. . .He was terrified you were going to hate him'' I pointed out, Closing my eyes to give them a bit of rest, My vision was starting to swirl.

Damn I feel tired. . .Just gotta make it through until tomorrow. . .

''You don't seem as nervous as him. . .Not your first time?'' Chase questioned, Clearly teasing.

I just hummed, Smiling tiredly, Refusing to open my eyes.

''Are you alright? You look paler than normal'' He murmured, Concern tainting his voice.

''Well aren't you a sweet talker.'' I muttered sarcastically, Slowly opening my eyes and weakly arching an eyebrow as I spoke. 

''I can assure you, I'm very good at sweet talking but right now I think you might need to sit down for a bit. . .'' Chase murmured, Reaching out to rest his palm on my forehead.

His hand felt icy cold against my skin.

''I'm fine. . .Oh look, Felix is back'' I mumbled, My words slurring ever so slightly while I pushed myself up off of the tree.

My side was throbbing in time with my heartbeat, Which was. . .A bit worrying.

At least it doesn't hurt as much anymore. . .Just feels hot and sore.

 ''My mom says it's okay so long as I'm back in time for school tomorrow'' Felix said eagerly, Nervously fidgeting with his sweater's sleeves as he stumbled to a stop in front of Chase and I.

''Well, Have fun you two'' I muttered, Starting to head in the opposite direction of the two men.

I only made it two or so steps before a hand gently grabbed me by my arm.

Swinging around, I bit back the urge to punch the person who grabbed onto me as I came face to face with a clearly concerned Chase.

Right. . .Don't punch him. . .That would be mean.

''Hey, Please don't touch me.'' I muttered, Reaching down to try and pry his hand off my arm.

For some reason, I couldn't summon enough strength to remove his hand.

Meaning my attempt to remove his hand ended up seeming more like I was just holding hands with him, Tingles lightly dancing through my hand the whole time.

''Ashton, I know you don't really want to meet the others but I can't let you walk home through this part of town, Not in the state you're in right now, Let me drive you to my place and then I'll ask Seth to drive you home'' Chase murmured, Gently but firmly dragging me in the direction he and Felix had been headed in.

''No. I'm not. I am more than capable of walking home on my own.'' I protested, Trying to pull away from him but. . .In the end, I failed to even break my arm free.

''Aston. I mean this with all due respect, You are clearly not good enough to walk home. You're burning up and I just watched you walk like a drunk person. Now we can stay here and argue about this or you can let me ensure you make it home safely'' He murmured, Surprisingly enough, Not sounding angry as he spoke.

''I dunno. . .I don't have places to be. . .You do. What if I choose to stay here and argue?'' I shot back, A little frustrated at having been backed into a verbal corner.

Chase let out a heavy sigh at that.

Unfortunately. . .As I tried to move away again, My vision blurred at the edges and my legs went weak.

Oh fuck.

----------------------------------------------------------------

:T

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen