Chapter 31:

Got enough spare time to get this done finally

-------------------------------------------------------------

I could feel Felix's nervousness as I led him deeper and deeper into the park, Well past where people stopped and overgrown bramble and thorns began.

He was fussing with the sleeves of my jacket when we finally came upon an area with a few large enough abandoned cinder blocks to use as seats.

''Sit'' I ordered quietly as I dragged a block from it's resting place so I could sit across from him, A slight frown on my face.

He complied. . .Ever obedient. . .Ever eager to please.

The two of us sat perfectly across from each other. . .Neither of us saying anything in the silence.

On one hand, I could pressure Felix into answering my questions by yelling or through other means. . .

Or. I could remain silent.

Remain staring at him.

And let his own brain pressure him into answering my questions.

Soon, Much sooner than I expected, He started to squirm more than normal, Refusing to look anywhere near me as he tugged on my jacket's sleeves.

And now to start. . .

''I wanted to go back over what you told me about your meeting with Edward and the others if you don't mind'' I murmured, Mindful of my tone.

Keep gentle, Keep kind. . .We don't know that he's lying. . .But we also don't know that he's telling the truth.

''W-Why? Why would we need to do that?'' He questioned timidly, Giving me a bit of a wobbly smile as he spoke, Clearly trying to not act suspicious. . .And failing very very badly.

Damn it he did lie didn't he. . .

Holding back a sigh, I forced a small smile onto my face before reaching out to hold his nearest hand, Stopping his fiddling.

''Well, I spoke with Chase the other day. . .'' I started, Watching as his eyes widened slightly with worry.

''And he ended up calling Edward. . .Felix. . .Do you want to revise your story now?'' I questioned as I watched him stare down at his lap, Tears starting to form in his eyes.

I let him pull his hand out of mine, Starting to sniffle slightly.

''I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry. . .I didn't mean to lie to you but I just. . .I just didn't want to cause any drama but I- I couldn't take what he said to me!. . .'' Felix more or less sobbed out, His eyes holding such earnest honesty in them as he stared at me, Tears making his eyes shine.

Here we go. . .

''Tell me what happened. And tell me the truth this time.'' I murmured firmly as he sniffled quietly, Pouting as he stared at his feet.

''Okay. . .'' He whispered so very quietly.

--- Felix Pov/Rewind ---

I shook slightly with excitement and nerves as Chase led me up the steps to his home.

This is it! I'm finally going to meet the rest of my soulmates!

A small part of me felt bad for dragging Ash along on this, He clearly wasn't enjoying this based upon how quiet and still he's been the entire ride. . .

But a much much larger part of me was excited!

I quickly skipped up the last few steps, Earning myself a quiet little chuckle.

Turning back around, I beamed excitedly at the brown haired man who had fallen behind a bit.

Chase gave me a small, Slightly strained smile as he joined me at the door, Confusing me.

Wasn't he having fun before?

''Come on, Let's introduce you to the others, Don't worry, They don't bite. . .Much'' Chase murmured as he unlocked the front door, Aiming a small, Teasing grin my way at the last part.

A nervous chuckle left me as he held the door open, Allowing me to step inside first.

I. . .Hope he was joking?

The best way to describe the house I was currently standing in would be 'Lavish'.

Twin spiral staircases led up to a second story that had a smaller staircase leading up to a hidden third.

The whole place was lit up by light coming from fancy crystal lights that were made to look like wall scones.

I was broken out of my shocked awe by a warm hand landing on my shoulder.

''Overwhelming huh? I had that exact same look on my face the first time I arrived here too'' Chase chuckled out, Glancing briefly back to the door before looking back to me, Giving me a reassuring smile.

''C'mon, I have a pretty good guess as to where Seth is right now, I'll leave you in his care until I can get back okay?'' Chase offered, Starting to lead me down hallway after hallway.

Nervously, I fiddled with my sleeves as I followed him, Excited but also very very scared about how things were going to turn out.

Are they going to hate me? They could. . .How do I make sure they don't hate me??

Glancing up, I trembled like a leaf as Chase opened a heavy wooden door, Revealing. . .An office!

Bookshelves lined every wall, The only light coming from the warmly lit wall scones, Giving the place a soothing feel to it.

Sitting in the middle of the room was a large wooden desk with a soft looking leather chair behind it.

I had a feeling someone was supposed to be in here. . .But I couldn't see said person anywhere.  . .

''Seth! Where you hiding? I've got someone for you to meet!'' Chase called out into the seemingly empty room, His shout softened and swallowed up by the tomes surrounding us.

''Now now. There's not need to shout, I can hear you just fine'' A smooth voice replied as a man stepped out from a previously hidden nook, An open book in his hands upon which most all of his attention was focused.

He had neatly trimmed black hair that looked like it had been combed back at the start of the day but had by now become a bit untidy, A few strands going as far as to brush against the tanned skin of his forehead.

He was wearing a dress shirt and a suit's vest over top of it, A few of the buttons undone on both and the sleeves rolled up on the under one, Revealing sprawling patterns that looked nothing like any of my soulmarks on his forearms.

''Seth, I'd like you to meet Felix, One of our soulmates, Felix, This is Seth'' Chase introduced, Drawing the man's piercing, Black eyed gave upon me.

Oh. . .Oh my. . .

-------------------------------------------------------

What's better than telling you what happened? Showing it!
Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen