Chapter 30: Calm before the storm

:D Extra chapter . . .Yay.

--------------------------------------------------------

Saturday had finally arrived, Bringing with it a fucking break from everything.

And here I was, Sitting in the abandoned office building my gang runs, Listening to my higher ups - And closest friends - bicker amongst themselves. . .

About my relationship of all things.

''Okay no. No! He cannot end up with them. They're dismissive assholes!'' Oliva argued, Only to be cut off as her girlfriend cut in.

''Maybe he could break them in or something, Train them out of their bad habits?'' Mia excused before shutting up as Oliva gently cupped her face with both of her pretty hands.

''Maria, Beauty, Love of my god damn life. It's not his duty to make them respectable human beings who actually behave themselves! They're all adults! They should have this figured out much better than they do!'' Oliva murmured before finally, Bird joined in with his two cents.

''Well I mean, We don't know exactly what this Edward said due to the fact we also got our information secondhand. However, Seeing how sunshiny and sweet Felix is, I doubt whatever was said that managed to make him cry was something a 'respectable human being' would say. . .However, There still is a good chance he didn't tell us the whole story'' Bird mused, Drawing my full undivided attention with that.

''What makes you think that?'' I questioned, My eyes narrowing slightly as I spoke.

My friends tend to look at things differently than me, Providing some added consideration.

Still doesn't explain why we're discussing my relationship. . .

''Well, That boy of yours doesn't seem like the type to assume people hate him very quickly. . .I mean, Take how he kept reacting to you 'rejecting' him! Happy and pleasant and kept trying to get your attention. But one conversation with this Edward dude and he's crying? Sounds like he might be softening some of the night before relaying it. . .Or fabricating it'' Bird pointed out. . .Which was. . .Fair.

''Are you calling my boyfriend a liar?'' I questioned, My tone making it clear to my old friend that he was to tread very carefully with whatever he had to say next.

''Yeah. I am. I'm not saying he's making all of this up - after all, That's in direct contradiction to his. . .Apparent goals. - but I am saying that some of this shit doesn't add up.'' Bird shot right back, Not giving a single damn about my tone.

Why. . .Do I have such disrespectful friends?

''You. . .Have a point. . .And I hate to admit that'' I sighed out, Earning a grin from the other boy.

''Ah you'll get over it'' He chuckled back as Mia and Oliva joined back in on the conversation, Having finished their little argument with a stalemate.

''So, What's the game plan Ashy?'' Mia questioned, Leaning heavily on my shoulder as she spoke, Her girlfriend smiling calmly behind me.

''Ashy??'' I questioned quietly, Confused where that had come from before Oliva continued for her.

''It's doubtful that Chase and his fake name boyfriends are going to stop anytime soon, So what's the game plan boss?'' Oliva questioned, A sparkle of mischief in her eye and a small smile on her lips.

Sighing, I looked up to the water stained ceiling as the rest of my friends draped themselves on me, One of them - Bird - proceeded to gently poke me in the face.

''First thing first, I gotta get the whole story from Felix before I do anything'' I murmured, Reaching a hand up to drag it down my face.

Already exhausted by the things I'm going to have to do in the coming days.

''Welp, You have fun doing that! Imma go snuggle with Ajax and watch a movie!'' Bird laughed out, Moving away from me and making his way to the door as he spoke.

''He texted me earlier that he managed to get my favorite pastries! So imma go see if I can find some of that popcorn he really likes so we can both have our favorite snacks tonight!'' Bird explained, Causing Oliva and Mia to exchange looks.

''We are not doing a movie night. You always want to watch horror movies'' Oliva stated simply only to be interrupted by Mia whining out 'Pleeeease'.

Sighing, I tuned the two out as I pulled out my phone.

 Well, Guess I know what I'm going to be doing tonight. . .

--- Time skip ---

Leaning against a tree, I watched the few people taking strolls in the park this late in the day as I waited.

There was a couple 'playing' together behind some bushes a little ways away.

An elderly group of five slowly made their way down the mostly clean walking path, One of the men excitedly explaining to the other four the types of plants around us as his apparent soulmates listened with fond smiles on their wrinkled faces.

Three people wearing rather suspicious disguises were trying to subtly meet at a bench a little ways away.

''Ash!'' The familiar voice of Felix called out to me as he excitedly made his way over, His face flushed ever so slightly from the cold.

Oh you stupid sweet boy. . .Why the hell aren't you wearing a jacket?

''Hey you, You got here pretty quickly'' I murmured as soon as he reached me, A small smile forming on my face as a large grin bloomed on his.

A small nervous giggle left the other boy before he rubbed slightly at the back of his neck.

''Well, You said there was something we needed to talk about that couldn't be handled over the phone so I kinda figured it was urgent. . .'' Felix explained sheepishly, Staring down at his feet as he spoke.

I smiled reassuringly at him before pushing myself off of the tree.

''Yeah, It is, C'mon, Let's go for a walk and I'll explain'' I murmured, Shrugging my jacket off and tossing it over my forgetful boyfriend's shoulders.

My sweet ginger haired boyfriend happily skipped/walked alongside me as we took to the park's less traveled paths.

''So. I wanted to talk with you about Edward.'' I started, Watching as my special eyed boyfriend gulped nervously.

So telling. . .

--------------------------------------------------

:T So. . .Felix didn't tell the. . .Exact truth

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen