Chapter 29: Issues

:)

-------------------------------------------------

Leaning on the counter, I smiled fondly down at my phone, My attention fully absorbed by it instead of the job I was supposed to be doing.

It's fine. . .The boss won't care too much any ways. . .

After dropping Felix off at his home he and I texted late into the night until he eventually fell asleep, Leaving me to wait until the morning for his response to my last message.

We didn't get to text much during the day seeing as he had school and I had my beloved - and by beloved I mean incredibly annoying - gang to deal with.

 But, Now that we both had some time to ourselves. . .Well, HE had time to himself, We were texting each other nearly non stop.

Currently, He was telling me all about the 'drama' that had happened at school today.

Said drama involved some teacher not knowing the teachers who liked to basically bully him were his soulmates, And proceeding to get into a serious relationship with an old friend of his who isn't his soulmate. . .Only for all six of them to find out they were soulmates all along when their bare skin touched when one of them tripped him.

Now said bullies want the other teacher to break it off with his friend and come date them and are all in a huff that he's refusing.

As far as I could see, It was an open and shut sort of thing.

His soulmates were cruel and liked to torment him, His best friend turned girlfriend was sweet and wanted the best for him, It was very clear who he should stay with.

But, Felix was going on and on about 'how they can make it up to him!' and 'Oh they'll be so happy!' and 'Isn't this so sweet Ash? Finding love at your work place!?'.

Oh you sweet sweet child. . .

The bell above the door let out it's loud and mangled beep noise at that moment, Drawing my attention away from chatting with my soulmate and back to my actual work.

Standing in the doorway was. . .Chase. Because of course it was.

Damn it. . .I should have stayed away on sick leave a while longer. . .

Said dark brown haired man slowly approached me, Seemingly undeterred by the scowl on my face.

Considering the frown on his and the fact he was out of uniform, I could guess where this conversation was going to go.

Just in case though. . .

''There are cameras in here you know.'' I muttered curtly, Making him pause slightly mid step before shaking his head.

''I'm not going to hurt you. I wouldn't hurt you even though you've made me mad'' He muttered back, Closing the distance between us as he spoke, Stopping only at the other side of the counter.

Mad wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe his current expression. . .

I arched an eyebrow at him as he frowned down at me, Clearly expecting his disapproval to effect me in some way.

''Then why are you here?'' I questioned coldly, Intending to hurt him with the implications of my words.

He lectured my boyfriend about me. . .

My words had the desired effect as he grimaced ever so slightly, Shaking his head before letting out a heavy sigh.

''Why are you trying so hard to drive Felix away from us? Last I checked, You wanted nothing to do with any of us.'' Chase questioned, Well. . .More like demanded.