Chapter 4: Choice

We get to talk with Felix a bit more!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shaking my head, I dragged my fingers through my hair as I walked away from the alleyway.

I didn't need to turn around to know the boy, Felix, Was hurriedly following me.

''H-Hey! Wait'' He called out, His voice shaking slightly.

He's nervous. . .Rightfully so. . .

I didn't stop, But I did slow down my pace so the ginger haired boy could keep up with me.

''I-I'm Felix, And you are?'' He asked as he struggled to keep up with the quick pace I was walking at.

Glancing over at him, I did my best not to look too closely at him.

''Ash.'' I snapped out curtly.

I could see Felix's smile falter slightly out of the corner of my eye.

''S-Sorry I'm a bit nervous, I've never met my soulmate before'' He said nervously, Sticking close to me as he spoke.

I held back a sigh at that, This wasn't going to be easy at all.

''So. . .D-Does this mean we're dating now?'' Felix asked, Instantly jumping right past the friendship stage.

That stopped me in my tracks instantly.

''. . .We just met each other. Five minuets ago.'' I pointed out coldly, Annoyed by his assumption that we'd start dating as soon as we met.

That is unrealistic and easily the quickest way to end up breaking up. . .

Felix thankfully had enough grace to look embarrassed about how quickly he rushed it.

''Sorry sorry, I'm just excited. . .'' He said, His excitement faltering in the face of my indifference.

''Why. Why are you excited.'' I asked bluntly as I went back to walking, Not wanting to draw too much attention to us by just standing around.

Felix hurried to keep up, Stumbling slightly over his own feet as he did so.

  ''W-Well. . .Aren't you excited? We found each other! We're going to eventually be boyfriends!'' He 'reasoned' as he did his best to keep up with me.

I arched an eyebrow at that.

When I didn't say anything to that his smile started to waver.

Looking away from him, I picked up my pace, Bird finally joining us now, His shirt stained slightly with blood.

Thankfully, The people walking past us had enough sense of self preservation to not question why three boys covered in blood were walking down the street in the afternoon.

''W-We are boyfriends right?'' He asked quietly, His smile gone now.

He's upset. . .Why. . .

I regretfully started to concentrate more so on the other boy at that, He didn't look like he was suffering. . .But based upon how nervous and eager he was to get others attention, I doubted he got much at home.

Lots of the rich kids didn't get attention from their busy parents, Where as most of them act out to try and get attention, It looks like Felix took another route and became a door mat of a person.

 Eternally seeking attention and love from others. . .

A small twisting pain started to form in my chest at that thought.

And I'm attached. . .Damn it. . .

 I let out a heavy sigh before staring forwards, Putting on a mask of indifference.

''We'll see. Things like this don't happen over night.'' I informed him, Not rejecting him, But not accepting him yet.

Hopefully that'll work until I find a delicate way to reject him that won't leave him hurt in the end. . .

He seemed to take that as a yes based upon how his whole face lit up.

He is not good at hiding his emotions. . .Anyone can easily read him like a book. . .

''Okay! Should we meet up tomorrow then?'' He asked excitedly, Bouncing slightly on his feet as he spoke.

He's like a puppy. . .

''Tomorrow is Saturday.'' I pointed out to which the other boy just blinked in confusion.

''So?'' He asked, Still doing his best to keep pace with me.

That simple word made me pause.

''So. Weekends are for family and loved ones.'' I stated simply as Bird rolled his eyes.

''You're almost the only teenager to think that'' Bird's lilting voice teased, Catching the attention of both Felix and I.

Rolling my eyes, I turned my attention back to Felix.

''You should leave. We have things to tend to.'' I informed the ginger calmly.

''Oh. . .'' Was all he said in response to that, His voice tiny and slightly heart broken.

Glancing back over to Bird, I noticed the look the other boy gave me.

Sighing reluctantly, I turned back to Felix.

''Do you know about the amber park?'' I questioned, Catching his attention just as he was turning away.

''Yeah? Isn't that the park those five girls were found murdered and preserved in?'' Felix asked nervously, Fear making his voice wobble as he spoke of the violent display that had been dug up at the very park.

A small amused smile briefly formed on my face.

''The very one. . .We can meet up there on Monday, Noon'' I informed him before nodding to Bird, Both of us falling into step and walking away from Felix without another word to the other boy.

Once we were a fair way away from Felix, Bird spoke up again.

''You know. . .Smiling at the mention of a mass murder tends to make others think you're a bit unstable'' Bird pointed out teasingly only to earn a shove thanks to his words.

The very amused boy just grinned at that, Dodging the follow up shove.

I hid a yawn behind my hand, Exhausted from how late I had gotten to sleep last night.

''You have work tonight don't you'' Bird guessed, Moving back to my side, Flipping off a person who shoved him.

''Mhmm'' I hummed, Not bothering with actual words.

Bird winced slightly in sympathy, Placing his hand briefly on my shoulder before I pushed it off.

''Good luck man, You're gonna need it'' Bird muttered before splitting off from me, Heading no doubt to his soulmate's house.

Bird and his soulmate were interesting, Bird was Ace, Meaning he wasn't attracted to his soulmate sexually.

His soulmate accepts that even though he himself isn't Ace, They hang out and sometimes flirt with each other, In a way it was kinda sweet to watch.

Bird was very protective of Ajax, I've only seen the other boy once.

A small smile formed on my face as I thought how hesitant Bird was to introduce us to his S/o.

They'll make a great couple. . .Hopefully their last two mates see how special their bond is and don't try and force Bird into anything. . .

I didn't want to, But I was more than prepared to kill one of his soulmates if any of them try to force him into anything.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------

:) Ashton has few people he considers friends. . .Those who are will never go without his very violent protection. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen