Chapter 27: 'Baby steps'

:)

-----------------------------------------

The shadows were stretched long as I helped Felix climb back inside his home through his bedroom window.

''Sweet dreams Felix'' I called out to him before turning, About to try and slip out of the massive walled in yard of Felix's parent's home.

Before I could though, Felix called out to me, Much too loudly for someone sneaking back inside and trying to not get caught.

''Hey! Will I see you tomorrow?'' He asked, Making me pause, Looking around to make sure no one had overheard him.

''Meet me at the same park tomorrow night?'' I requested, A small plan forming in my mind on how to woo my boyfriend.

Damn that is a weird thing to think. . .~My Boyfriend~. . .Never thought I'd call anyone that. . .

He grinned at that, Nodding as I walked back over to where he was leaning slightly out his window.

Reaching out, I gently grabbed onto his hand, Pressing a gentle kiss to the back of it before giving him a small wave 'bye'.

I started back out over the yard before Felix called out to me, Once again, FAR too loudly for someone trying to sneak in.

Blowing him a quick air kiss, I proceeded to slip out of there as quickly as humanly possible.

I sure wasn't going to risk my boyfriend getting caught hanging out with me.

Already know what his mother thinks of me, Rather not get him in trouble after only dating for an hour or so. . .

Shaking my head slightly, I sighed as I dodged around the other people walking on the sidewalk as well.

I. . .Have no fucking clue what I'm doing. . .I should probably do some research. . .

The sun was starting to set when I finished with the rest of my 'tasks' for the day.

I was exhausted, I was still conflicted on how to. . .Court? Court. Felix. . .I was also hungry which now that I think about it, Might contribute to my exhaustion. . .

Stepping inside, I spotted Dad cooking at the stove, A box of Mac and cheese resting on the counter beside the stove.

''Hey dad! Sorry I was gone all day'' I called out, Closing and locking the door behind me as I did so.

He glanced back at me, Giving me a small smile before turning back to his cooking.

''It's alright, You're a teenager, You've got a social life and all that. Just glad you still remember this old man here'' He joked, Making me grin as I joined him in the kitchen.

''Can't forget to care for the elderly after all'' I shot back, Getting a chuckled 'Oh!' from him as I gathered dishes and utensils, Going about setting the second counter.

''Anything exciting happen today?'' Dad asked eventually once he brought the pot of pasta over to the second counter, Setting about dishing it up as I gathered some of the. . .Rather wilted lettuce we had in the fridge to make salads for the two of us.

''Well. . .Sorta'' I murmured, More or less trying to dodge the question.

Unfortunately, Dad is a fucking blood hound when it comes to secrets and how to drag them out of people.

He didn't press or anything, Just humming quietly before sitting down and murmuring a quiet prayer before digging into his portion of food.

We both fell into a peaceful, Easy silence as we ate.

Once we both had finished our meals, I picked up the dishes and set about cleaning them as Dad put the pasta away.

''So how are your friends doing? Bird still going steady with his partners?'' Dad asked as we worked, Providing a pleasant distraction from the very mundane task of 'Dishes'.

''Oh they're doing alright. . .Mia and Oliva are hanging off of each other more than ever before. . .Jack and his girlfriends are still a mixed bag. . .Alex got a new rescue dog. . .Oh, And Bird's never seemed happier with his boyfriends'' I explained, Happy to talk about my friends' happiness.

Dad hummed along encouragingly as I spoke, Waiting until I had been quiet for a while before asking his next question.

''And those men? The soulmates of yours? They haven't been giving you a hard time no?'' He asked, To which I must admit, I got suspiciously quiet after.

''Um, No no, Yeah, They're uh, Everything's fine on that front too'' I answered, Wanting to wack myself upside my head as soon as the words left my mouth.

That's not suspicious at all. Totally doesn't give you away. . .Fucks sake. I can do better than this!

I could feel my Dad's eyes boring into my back as I silently berated myself.

Eventually he spoke again.

''Alright. You and I both know I know it's one of them, Wanna come clean on what happened so it's not as agonizingly embarrassing?'' He asked, Drawing another sigh from me.

''I have. . .I have decided to start dating Felix. . .He agreed to it as well. . .Which is partly why I was gone for so long'' I explained, Almost not catching the victorious look that briefly flashed across Dad's face.

I- Wait a moment. . .Was he ALSO rooting for me to date Felix as well? . . .Fuck's sake, How many people were shipping me with him behind my back?

Giving him a small glare was all it took to finish breaking Dad, Rendering him a fondly grinning mess.

''Alright alright old man, Since you were clearly so eager to meddle in who I date, Got any advice on how to woo him?'' I asked, Earning me an excited hand clap from my elder.

''Oh boy! Where to begin! Well, Firstly, What have you come up with so far?'' He questioned as I dried off my hands, Joining him at the counter.

''Well, I was thinking I'd take him on a small picnic. . .I've seen that a lot in movies, Figured it'd be something nice'' I murmured quietly, A bit embarrassed saying all of this out loud.

''Alright, Good start good start, Any idea what types of food he likes?'' Dad pressed, To which I just shrugged, This time making him sigh.

''My poor poor boy, Alright, We'll work through this together'' He assured.

And as we spent the next hour or so planning, I started to question just what the hell I got myself into.

-------------------------------------------------------------

:)

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen