Chapter 13:

:)

-------------------------------------------------------

I was really fucking relieved when I was finally released from the hospital.

Very few people actually liked staying in hospitals.

With the bright lights, The constant sounds of movement, The smell of hospitals, The chaos, The neighbor patient randomly standing in the doorway at midnight and staring unblinkingly at me while muttering to himself until a orderly or a doctor would come and return him to his room. . .

Like I stated before, I was really fucking relieved I was heading home.

I still needed to take some pain meds and walking for a long while was no longer something I could do, But I was grateful I was alive and able to walk.

Could have been much worse. . .Quite a blessing the attacker didn't hit anything vital

It was the weekend, Meaning I didn't have 'school' or work to deal with. . .Just my gang.

My dad had made sure I was comfortable before he left for work, Making sure I had everything I could ever need well within reach.

It was sad that I couldn't stay home and enjoy one of these rare lazy days.

With a sense of sadness, I made my way towards my gang's hideout, Pausing briefly to have a very loud chat with Mr. Witherbrow, The partly deaf old man had heard I had gotten hurt and took the time to berate me for not resting so soon after an injury.

After assuring him I hadn't been as hurt as he clearly thought I had been and that the doctors said I could walk around so long as I didn't strain myself too much, He was quite a bit calmer.

But he still insisted that I stick close to home and not stay out late, Going on and on about how 'Your generation doesn't take wounds seriously enough' and 'You'll regret moving about too soon when you get older'.

Despite how condescending his comments could be taken, I knew he was only saying it because he was worried.

He and his wife treated and seemingly considered the kids and teens who live in homes nearby to be their grandchildren, So I took that comment as the concerned and caring advice it was meant as.

Once that was done with, I continued on my way, My limbs shaking ever so faintly as I walked.

My last little while in the hospital went by uneventfully, My friends managed to convince Felix to hold off his visits until I was more capable of dealing with other people.

According to Mia and Olivia, He was saddened, But accepted and agreed that it would make sense to wait and let me recover.

So with that taken care of, That left just dealing with my gang.

Which. . .Based upon the reports from my close friends, Is most likely going to be the biggest cause of any headaches I'd have today.

A long suffering sigh left me as I entered the abandoned office that made up our gang's hideout.

The two kids waiting at the entrance, Guarding our hideout from intruders, Both were quite surprised to see me.

Both of them stumbled over themselves, One to greet me happily and the other to be shocked that I was still alive.

I ignored the sputtering boy who was stumbling over himself to try and figure out why I was alive, Let alone here.

The girl who was also there guarding, Stood at attention, Beaming happily.

''Please state your name, Position and reason to be here. . .Sir!'' The girl chirped out happily as per her training, Happy to show off that she remembered what she was taught to do.

I gave her a tired but slightly pained smile.

''Ash, I'm the leader. . .I'm here for reasons that I'm afraid are beyond your position'' I answered with the upmost calm.

I didn't have to answer this, She'd have to let me in regardless.

But she seemed so happy and since she was doing her job well I saw no reason not to let her show off her training.

Though, I needed to get inside and rest seeing as my legs were starting to feel quite a bit wobbly.

''Sir yes sir! Apologies for keeping you, I'll get the doors for you'' The still unfamiliar girl chirped out excitedly, Pulling the doors open.

She was clearly one of our new members, Still bright eyed, Eager and enamored with this entire world, Even with such a 'simple' role as hers.

 It was sweet.

I gave her my best attempt at a smile as I passed her on my way in, My ability to walk was quickly decreasing with each second.

Once I got inside, I settled down in a spare, Dusty and slightly torn up swivel chair.

A small sigh escaped me, My limbs shaking faintly from the walk from my house to our gang's hangout.

''Wow you look like shit Ash'' Mia said in the upmost cheerful sounding voice anyone could muster this early in the morning.

She's my friend, My close friend.

But right now. . .With how I was feeling. . .The urge to punch her was swiftly rising.

Luckily for her though, Her girlfriend swooped in.

''Welcome back Ashton, When you think you can stand again, We've gathered all the kids with the loosest loyalties'' Olivia informed me as she gently ushered and steered her girlfriend away from where I was resting.

I gave her a strained grateful smile as she started to take Mia away.

''Olivia, Who are the two newbies guarding the front entrance today?'' I questioned, Making her pause.

She paused for a second, Thinking before seemingly remembering the two teens.

''Johnny and Annabelle'' She informed me calmly.

''Retrain Johnny. . .Annabelle's doing a good job though'' I informed her as Bird made his way to the three of us.

She gave a nod before turning her attention back to Mia as Bird reached me.

''Tough day?'' He questioned as soon as he reached me, Jack and Alex, Our other two trusted friends, Moving to stand within hearing distance but still far enough away to make it clear they weren't looking to chat today.

Ah it's good to be back. . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 Just a small filler chapter before drama starts up. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen