Chapter 8: Robbery?

:D

--------------------------------------------------------

It had been a few hours since the officer, Chase, Had left to help his partner.

My co-worker had ditched me a while ago to go do who knows what.

That was okay, I was used to managing the store on my own.

What I wasn't used to however, Was being robbed.

Oh boy. . .This night is just getting better and better. . .

A person had come in a few minutes ago, Their hood raised up to hide their face, They were busy scoping out the place.

They had already found the camera's blind spot and I could already tell exactly what was going to happen.

Sure enough, The person with the raised hood stepped out of the blind spot, Their face covered with a mask as they pointed a gun at my head.

I am too fucking tired for this shit. . .

 Sighing, I gave the robber an unamused look as they pressed the barrel of their gun to my forehead.

''Give me all the money in your register.'' The robber growled out as I just started to stare off into space.

I just arched an eyebrow before shrugging.

''If you can get the register open have at it'' I muttered, Nodding to the metal thing as I spoke.

The robber looked from me to the register before pushing the gun closer to my head.

''Oh no no, You're. Going to open that register for me. And you're gonna get me the money.'' The robber growled out as I narrowed my eyes.

Yeah. . .I can't afford to lose this job. . .It was hard enough to get this one as is. . .

As it was, The combination of my job and my dad's job was just barely enough to keep us from going hungry.

Sighing, I nodded, Moving slowly over to the cash register.

''Don't. Act suspicious.'' The robber growled out as we walked.

After a moment, I was close to a small candle in a glass jar that we keep on the counter.

Slowly reaching out, I loosely grabbed it before lunging at them, Smacking their arm to the side as I raised the candle.

As soon as I smacked their hand to the side, Moving the gun away from my head, They pulled the trigger.

Burning white hot pain slowly started to bloom in my side as I brought the candle down onto the robber's head with a dull thud.

They stumbled, Holding onto their head as they dropped their gun, Blood dripping down their face.

The candle had slipped from my grip in the knee jerk reaction I had to getting shot, My hands dropping down to apply pressure to the wound in my side.

I slowly started to curl in on myself as the bell over the door dinged, Letting me know someone entered.

''I forgot, Do you chance have cameras outside-'' The annoyingly familiar voice of the officer, Chase started to say before he fell silent.

Oh great. . .The last voice I'm gonna hear is his. . .That's just fucked. . .

I didn't really have anything against him, But considering I was seemingly bleeding out and in a hell of a lot of pain, I wasn't in the mood to be too cheerful about all of this.

Of course, Things didn't go like I had planned.

''Kid?'' The officer called out, His voice taking on a serious and stern edge as the sound of his footsteps rapidly approached the counter.

''W-What.'' I managed to snap out, My voice strained and the simple act of inhaling enough to speak made the bullet wound in my side burn all the more.

It's gotta be near my lung at the very least. . . 

''Hey, There you are'' The officer murmured, Stepping hurriedly around the counter and towards me, Taking off his jacket as he spoke.

I stared up at him through blurring vision, Narrowing my eyes in an attempt to try and get my vision to focus.

''Stay with me, Keep your eyes open'' Chase muttered, Grabbing my shirt and tugging it up over my head before I could so much as protest.

I bit back a muffled scream of pain as my wound flared up with pain at the sudden movement.

My eyes snapped closed, Tears of pain gathering as I started to curl in on myself again.

Sure I had gotten shot before, Once in my arm and once in my foot.

But neither of those compared to feeling the burn of pain in my chest with every inhale.

My chest felt tight, Making it hard to breath.

''C'mon, Stay awake'' The officer muttered, Pressing his jacket to my wound, Applying steady and trained pressure to the wound.

I hesitantly opened my eyes, Tears making my vision blur.

''There we go, Stay with me okay?'' Chase said, A bit of relief in his eyes as he readjusted his grip, His skin not touching mine.

''Beth! Beth!!'' Chase shouted out, His walkie talkie no where in sight.

Surprisingly enough though, His partner somehow heard him.

''Did I hear you ca-'' His partner started to say before spotting the knocked out crook and no doubt the blood. . .My blood, On the counter.

''Call and ambulance. . .And bring me the first aid kit'' Chase said, Glancing over the counter as he spoke.

I didn't hear a response from her, But she did leave the store though.

My head was feeling light, Which was making my heart feel heavy with the knowledge of what this means, This wasn't good. Wasn't good at all.

''Hey. . .Why don't you tell me what happened here'' Chase said as my vision started to darken at the corners.

He's trying to keep me engaged and awake. . .

''What's to tell? They came in, Pointed a gun at me and demanded the cash in the register'' I explained, My voice wobbly as I spoke.

''Why didn't you just give them the money and call the police once they left?'' Chase asked as it sounded like his partner came back in.

I sheepishly looked to the side, A small sigh escaping me.

Despite my thought process, There was another reason I couldn't have given them the money.

''It's jammed and I'm not strong enough to open on my own'' I murmured, My words staring to slur slightly as my vision darkened again.

I was swaying slightly for a moment before Chase moved closer, Allowing me to rest my head against my shoulder.

''Stay with me, The ambulance is almost here'' He murmured, His hand briefly brushing over my back.

I could swear I felt tingles. . .But that couldn't be right. . .Had to be a trick of my brain. . .

------------------------------------------------------------------

Mmm, And he's been shot. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen