40: Shit Happens

INT. HELICARRIER BRIDGE - DAY

Fury and Agent Hill look over their monitors.

NICK FURY: We need a full evac on the lower hangar bay.

Agent Hill nods. She leaves to exit out, but a SLIDING GRENADE appears.

AGENT MARIA HILL: GRENADE!

The grenade goes off, sending her down the steps. Fury FIRES a shot at the open entrance. He moves over behind the side of the entrance.

A handful of Barton's men enter. Watchful, ready, waiting... Fury steps out, his GUN drawn. A SHOOT OUT and HAND-TO-HAND ensues, but Fury is unable to stop one of them, which is why he is shot in the head by Agent Hill.

INT. HELICARRIER ARMORY SECTION - DAY

Agent Coulson walks up the armory door. He places his head into a FACIAL RECOGNITION SCANNER. Walks into the room.

AGENT JASPER SITWELL (V.O.): We got perimeter breach! Hostiles are in SHIELD gear. Hold on to every junction.

INT. HELICARRIER AIRCRAFT PORT - DAY

HULK CRASHES from under the floor, sending Masaru on his ass. Hulk grabs him by the neck.

Masaru: (struggling, strained) I've been taking L's back to back...God damn!!!

INT. HELICARRIER BRIDGE - DAY

A gunfight opens up. AGENTS exchange fire with brutally efficient tactical soldiers.

AGENT JASPER SITWELL (V.O.): We have the Hulk and Masaru on research level 4. Levels 2 and 3 are dark.

AGENT MARIA HILL: Sir, the Hulk will tear this place apart!

NICK FURY: Get his attention.

AGENT MARIA HILL: (on her EARPIECE) Escort 0-6, proceed to Wishbone and engage hostile. Don't get too close.

ESCORT 0-6 PILOT (V.O.): Copy.

EXT. SKY - DAY

ESCORT 0-6'S jet BANKS to the right, heading towards the shuttle.

EXT. OUTSIDE SHUTTLE

ESCORT 606 PILOT slowly makes his way in. sees the action going between Masaru and the Hulk.

ESCORT 606 PILOT: Target acquired. Target engaged. (pulls the trigger; fires guns at HULK)

A SHOWER OF BULLETS SPRAY THE HULK EVERYWHERE. Hulk throws Masaru and The HULK turns around, letting out his PRIMAL ROAR.

He jumps up, TAKES A RUNNING START AND LEAPS... ESCORT 606 PILOT LOOKS LIKE HE TOOK A SHIT.

ESCORT 606 PILOT: TARGET ANGRY! TARGET ANGRY!

HULK LANDS ON THE JET'S NOSE. THE JET SPINS WILDLY. As the HULK tears it apart, ESCORT 606 PILOT pulls his ejection seat, but HOLD THE FUCKIN' DOOR! THE HULK CATCHES HIM, WAVES HIM AROUND AND THEN THROWS HIM AWAY. ESCORT 606 PILOT pulls his parachute. THE JET EXPLODES. THE HULK PLUMMETS TO EARTH, ROARING HIS SWAN SONG.

Masaru is on the ground.

Masaru: Everything Hurts.

EXT. HELICARRIER PORT SIDE - DAY

IRON MAN laser cuts a big piece of broken metal. He then JUMPS on it, relieving the rotors. On the other side, BARTON'S men enter the port side.

CAPTAIN AMERICA looks down, pondering if they are help. Evidently not as they begin SHOOTING at him and throwing grenades.

CAPTAIN AMERICA jumps to the other railing and down with Barton's men. He begins to TAKE THEM DOWN, even goes as far as throwing one off.

A few more enter, FIRING. CAPTAIN AMERICA grabs a big fuckin' gun and jumps back up to his position, firing down at them.

INT. HELICARRIER BRIDGE - DAY

The gunfight has gone down, but more of Barton's men enter and are taken by Fury, who is confused as to why they keep coming.

NICK FURY: They are not getting through here, so what the fuck...

Suddenly, Barton LOSES an arrow down to the bridge and EXPLODES critical spots.

Barton releases a multi-tipped arrow towards Fury, but instead hits his command desk, right above a USB OUTLETS.

Fury FIRES at Barton, but is already gone. The arrow then self- activates and inserts itself into the outlets, hacking every single monitor and main frame.

The hacking causes Engine 1 to shut off. Suddenly, the HELICARRIER begins to DANGEROUSLY TILT to one side.

AGENT JASPER SITWELL (O.S.): Sir, we've lost all power in Engine 1.

NICK FURY: It's Barton. He took out our systems. He's headed for the detention level. Does anybody copy?

INT. LOWER EQUIPMENT ROOM, CARRIER - DAY

Still shaken by the HULK ordeal, Natasha sits there, rocking back and forth, after crying for a while. Summoning back all her coolness, she touches her EARPIECE.

NATASHA: This is Agent Romanoff. I copy.

Natasha SPRINGS up and runs for Barton.

EXT. HELICARRIER PORT SIDE - DAY

IRON MAN begins to push the rotor using BOOSTERS from his boots.

NICK FURY (V.O.): Stark, we're losing altitude.

IRON MAN: Yeah. Noticed.

The rotors start propelling faster and faster as IRON MAN'S BOOSTERS get more and more bright.

On the other side, CAPTAIN AMERICA continuously shoots at Barton's men.

Blinking at the wrong moment, CAPTAIN AMERICA loses the upper hand and SLIDES off the railing, but grabs onto a LOOSE CABLE.

INT. HELICARRIER DETENTION SECTION - DAY

Thor runs into the detention section where he finds Loki, escaping.

THOR: NO!

Thor CHARGES at his brother. Loki walks up to him and CROUCHES down to attack. THOR ONLY GOES THROUGH HIM. The false Loki dissipates into nothingness.

THE REAL LOKI comes out from behind the cell door, which closes on THOR, locking him up. Loki smiles as Vegeta and Nappa walk forward having freed Loki.

LOKI: Are you ever not going to fall for that?

INT. LOWER EQUIPMENT ROOM, CARRIER - DAY

Barton walks alone down the catwalk. In a lightning fast move, Barton nocks an arrow, and points it at NATASHA. A hand-to-hand fight ensues.

Natasha CRAWLS her way around Barton, making Barton to drop his bow, but pulls out a KNIFE on her.

INT. HELICARRIER DETENTION SECTION - DAY

Thor, in a fit of anger, SLAMS MJÖLNIR onto the glass cell. To his surprise, the cell door only CRACKS, but violently SHAKES the ship.

Loki stands there in caution, as does his GUARDING SOLDIER.

LOKI: (smiles; walks over to the CONTROL PANEL) The humans think us immortal. Should we test that?

Suddenly, GUARDING SOLDIER falls down like a tree. AGENT COULSON stands there, holding PHASE 2 WEAPON PROTOTYPE.

AGENT PHIL COULSON: Move away, please.

Loki moves away from the switch.

AGENT PHIL COULSON: You like this? We started working on the prototype after you sent THE DESTROYER. Even I don't know what it does. Do you wanna find out?

A LOUD GASP. AGENT COULSON IS IMPALED THROUGH THE HEART. THE REAL LOKI STANDS BEHIND COULSON.

THOR: Nooo!

Loki sends Agent Coulson against the wall. Agent Coulson slumps down, breathing fast. Loki makes his way to the control switch.

He gives his brother one last look. Thor looks at him, hopeful. Loki opens the HATCH. Thor still hopes. LOKI HITS THE BUTTON AND DROPS THOR OUT OF THE SHIP.