34: Again I Dont Know What To Call This One

BACK IN THE LAB

Tony Stark: That's the guy my dad never shut up about? Wondering if they shouldn't have kept him on ice.

Bruce Banner: The guy's not wrong about them. They do have the jump on us.

Tony Stark: What he's got is an ACME dynamite kit. It's gonna blow up in his face, and I'm gonna be there when it does.

Bruce Banner: And I'll read all about it.

Tony Stark: Uh-huh. Or you'll be suiting up like the rest of us.

Bruce Banner: Ah, see. I don't get a suit of armor. I'm exposed, like a nerve. It's a nightmare.

Tony Stark: You know, I've got a cluster of shrapnel, trying every second to crawl its way into my heart. (points at the MINI-ARC REACTOR in his chest) This stops it. This little circle of light. It's part of me now, not just armor. It's a... terrible privilege.

Bruce Banner: But you can control it.

Tony Stark: Because I learned how.

Bruce Banner: It's different.

Banner tries to read the computer screen, but Bulma slides the data aside with his finger so the two can see face-to-face.

Bulma: Hey, I've read all about your accident. That much gamma exposure should have killed you.

Bruce Banner: So you're saying that the Hulk... the other guy... saved my life? That's nice. It's a nice sentiment. Saved it for what?

Bulma: (A BEAT) I guess we'll find out.

Bulma, Banner and Stark get back to work at their respective computers.

Bruce Banner: You might not like that.

Bulma: You just might.

INT. HULL HANGAR, SECURE STORAGE 10-C - NIGHT

Steve, with all his strength, slides the heavy door and quietly walks in. SECURE STORAGE 10-C is a large warehouse, filled with crates stacked.

Steve looks up, seeing another level. Checking no-one is around He leaps up high and holds onto the catwalk railing. Steve continues to move forward.

INT. VAN - NIGHT

Inside this van, Selvig and a few other SOLDIERS are driving inside a long tunnel. With the CMS device inside, Selvig carefully picks up the small cylinder shape IRIDIUM with metal prongs and lightly places it in a SLOT within the CMS. THE CMS ACCEPTS IT. Selvig looks at it, smiling, a devilish smile.

INT. BRIEFING ROOM - NIGHT

On a SHIELD monitor is a photo and record of Jane Foster. Thor looks at her, remembering. With him is Agent Coulson.

Phil Coulson: As soon as Loki took the doctor we moved Jane Foster. We've got an excellent observatory in Tromso. She was asked to consult there very suddenly yesterday. Handsome fee, private plane, very remote. She'll be safe.

Thor: Thank you. It's no accident Loki taking Erik Selvig; I dread what he plans for him once he's done. Erik is a good man.

Phil Coulson: He talks about you a lot. You changed his life. You changed everything around here.

Thor: They were better as they were. We pretend on Asgard that we're more advanced, but we... we come here battling like BILGESNIPE.

Phil Coulson: Like what?

Thor: BILGESNIPE? You know; huge, scaly, big antlers. You don't have those?

Phil Coulson: Don't think so.

Thor: They are repulsive, and they trample everything in their path.

Thor walks over to the side of the ship and looks out the window.

Thor: When I first came to Earth, Loki's rage followed me here and your people paid the price. And now again. In my youth I courted war.

Nick Fury (O.S.): War hasn't started yet. (WALKING IN) You think you can make Loki tell us what the Tesseract is?

Thor: I do not know. Loki's mind is far afield, it's not just power he craves, it's vengeance upon me. There's no pain that would prize his need from him.

Nick Fury: A lot of guys think that, until the pain stops.

Thor: What are you asking me to do?

Nick Fury: I'm asking, what are you prepared to do?

Thor: Loki is a prisoner.

Nick Fury: Then why do I feel like he's the only person on this boat that wants to be here?

Thor doesn't answer.