37: Eruption

OUTSIDE THE HELICARRIER

The ramp of the carrier opens. The carrier maneuvers next to one of the large turbine engines.

Barton stands at the base, holding out his bow. He pulls out a GRENADE TIPPED ARROW. He points right at the engine.

Then...Barton moves his AIM and points the arrow about a hundred feet from the engine. He releases.

The arrow flies out, but then SHARPLY heads for the engine. The arrow is punctured onto the engine. It has a visible timer which is COUNTING DOWN.

INT. BANNER'S LAB - MORNING

Back in the lab, Steve puffs up his chest at Tony, who just stands there, unmoving.

Steve Rogers: Put on the suit, let's go a few rounds.

Thor laughs at them.

Thor: You people are so petty... and tiny.

Tony rubs his head. Moves away from Cap.

Bruce Banner: Yeah, this is a team...

Nick Fury: Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr. Banner back to his...

Bruce Banner: Where? You rented my room.

Nick Fury: The cell was just in case...

Bruce Banner: In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know! I tried! (A BEAT) I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good, until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk!

Banner slowly gets upset as he looks at Romanoff, who gets unnerved.

BANNER: You wanna know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?

Black Widow and Fury place their hands on their guns upon natural instinct, Masaru hides his hand making an orb form.

Steve Rogers: Doctor Banner... put down the scepter.

Banner looks down in shock to see he is holding the scepter

Tony Stark: Got it.

Banner puts down the scepter and walks over to the computer.

Bruce Banner: Sorry, kids. You don't get to see my little party trick after all.

He walks off as Masaru closes his hand.

Thor: Located the Tesseract?

Tony Stark: I can get there faster.

Steve Rogers: Look, all of us...

Thor: The Tesseract belongs on Asgard, no human is a match for it.

Tony turns to leave, but Steve stops him.

Steve Rogers: You're not going alone!

Tony Stark: You gonna stop me?

Steve Rogers: Put on the suit, let's find out.

Tony Stark: I'm not afraid to hit an old man.

Steve Rogers: Put on the suit.

At that moment Banner who's looking at the monitor notices something about the Tesseract and looks to the group.

Bruce Banner: Oh, my God!

OUTSIDE THE HELICARRIER:

Clint pulls the trigger on his bow causing the arrow to explode.

INT. BANNER'S LAB - MORNING

Everyone is thrown in every direction. Steve, Fury, Bulma, Masaru, Thor and Tony are thrown across while Natasha and Banner are down in the lower equipment room. Steve looks up at Tony.

Steve Rogers: Put on the suit!

Tony Stark: Yep!

Steve helps Tony up and out of the lab. Fury sits up, clutching his ribs. He puts talks into his earpiece.

Nick Fury: Hill?!

INT. HELICARRIER BRIDGE - DAY

Panic erupts everyone is running everywhere. Emergency alarms set off, fire extinguishers activate near surrounding fires and every agent is in a spinning scramble for their positions and armaments. Agent Hill keeps the bridge as calm as possible.

Maria Hill: Turn up that engine! Number 3 engine is: down! Can we get a run in? (runs over to an agent, the Galaga player) Talk to me.

Agent 1: (points to monitor) Turbine's loose. Mostly intact, but it's impossible to get out there and make repairs while we're in the air.

Maria Hill: We lose one more engine, we won't be. (into earpiece to Fury) Somebody's got to get inside and patch that engine.

INT. BANNER'S LAB - MORNING

Nick Fury: Stark! You copy that?!

Tony Stark (V.O.): I'm on it!

Nick Fury: Coulson! Initiate official lock down in the detention section then get to the armory! Move out!

INT. HELICARRIER BRIDGE - DAY

Agent Coulson runs out of the bridge.