33: Idk what to call this jit

INT. BANNER'S LAB - NIGHT (LATER)

Banner continuously scans with a gamma ray detection scanner on the scepter for radiation. Bulma and Tony looks at his monitors, shifting and solving as many algorithms and equations.

Bruce Banner: The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process.

Bulma: If we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer cluster, we can clock this around six hundred teraflops.

Bruce Banner: All I packed was a toothbrush.

Tony Stark: (SMILES) You know, you should come by Stark Tower sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it, it's candy land.

Bruce Banner: Thanks, but the last time I was in New York I kind of broke...Harlem.

Bulma: Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension. No surprises.

Suddenly, Tony pokes Banner with a MINIATURE ELECTRICAL PROD. Steve walks in on them, pissed at Tony.

Bruce Banner: OW!

Tony looks at Banner closely.

Steve Rogers: Hey!

Tony Stark: Nothing?

Steve Rogers: Are you nuts?

Tony Stark: (to Steve) Jury's out (to Banner) You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?

Steve Rogers: Is everything a joke to you?

Tony Stark: Funny things are.

Steve Rogers: Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offense, Doctor.

Bruce Banner: No, it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things.

Tony Stark: You're tiptoeing, big man. You need to strut.

Steve Rogers: And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark.

Tony Stark: You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables.

Steve Rogers: You think Fury's hiding something?

Tony Stark: He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets. (points to Banner) It's bugging him too, isn't it?

Bruce Banner: (bobbling the words) Uh...I just wanna finish my work here and...

Steve Rogers: Doctor?

A beat.

Bruce Banner: 'A warm light for all mankind, Loki's jab at Fury about the cube.

Steve Rogers: I heard it.

Bruce Banner: (pointing at Tony) Well, I think that was meant for you. Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about the tower it was still all over the news.

Steve Rogers: Stark Tower? That big ugly (Tony gives him a look) ...building in New York?

Bruce Banner: It's powered by Stark Reactors, self-sustaining energy source. That building will run itself for what, a year?

Tony Stark: That's just the prototype. I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now.

Bruce Banner: (referring to Tony) So, why didn't SHIELD bring him in on the Tesseract project? I mean, what are they doing in the energy business in the first place?

Tony Stark: I should probably look into that once my decryption programmer finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files.

Steve Rogers: (taken aback by that) I'm sorry, did you say...?

Tony Stark: Jarvis has been running it since I hit the bridge. In a few hours we'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide. (holds out a bag of blueberries) Blueberry?

Bulma: Yet you're confused about why we didn't want you around?

Tony Stark: An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically, not possible.

Steve Rogers: I think The Saiyans and Loki are trying to wind us up. These are men who mean to start a war, and if don't stay focused, they'll succeed. We have orders, we should follow them.

Tony Stark: Following is not really my style.

Steve Rogers: (SMILING) And you're all about style, aren't you?

Tony Stark: (a nerve hit) Of the people in this room, which one is; A. wearing a spangly outfit, and B. not of use?

Bruce Banner: Steve, tell me none of this smells a little funky to you?

Steve takes in the possibility, but as an obedient soldier, shakes it off.

Steve Rogers: Just find the cube.

Steve walks out of the lab. Still torn apart by the possibility, he walks away, towards the HULL of the ship.