36: Arguementative

INT. BANNER'S LAB - MORNING

Fury walks in the lab, shocked to see Banner, Briefs and Stark not working

Nick Fury: (ANGRY) What are you doing, Mr. Stark?

Tony Stark: Uh...kind of been wondering the same thing about you.

Nick Fury: You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract.

Bruce Banner: We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile.

Tony Stark: And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss. (suddenly his monitor show a collection of SECRET FILES) What is PHASE 2?

Steve walks in slamming a HYDRA weapon on the table causing Fury, Banner, Briefs, and Stark to turn around, Steve is pissed off.

Steve Rogers: PHASE 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons. (TO TONY) Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow.

Nick Fury: (trying to explain) Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're...

Tony Stark: I'm sorry, Nick.

Tony moves the computer screen towards Fury which shows plans of Phase 2.

Tony Stark: What were you lying?

Steve Rogers: I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit.

At that moment, Thor, Masaru, and Natasha walk into the lab. Natasha keeps her eyes right on Banner. Banner looks at her, angry

Bruce Banner: Did you know about this?

Natasha Romanoff: You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?

Bruce Banner: I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed.

Natasha Romanoff: Loki's manipulating you.

Bruce Banner: And you've been doing what exactly?

Natasha Romanoff: You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you.

Bruce Banner: Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction.

Nick Fury: Because of them.

He points at Masaru and Thor.

Masaru/Thor: (STUNNED) Me?

They look at each other.

Nick Fury: Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. Year After we have a large monkey destroy yellow stone national park and murder half my agents. YEAR AFTER, You and King Piccolo fought with such force that you destroyed half of Jersey. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned.

Thor: My people want nothing but peace with your planet.

Masaru: And cmon dude you know I Can't control the shit I do in my great ape form!

Nick Fury: But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled.

Steve Rogers: Like you controlled the cube?

Thor: Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war.

Steve Rogers: A higher form?

Nick Fury: You forced our hand. We had to come up with something.

Tony Stark: Nuclear deterrent. 'Cause that always calms everything right down.

Nick Fury: Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?

Steve Rogers: I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck deep...

Tony Stark: Wait! Wait! Hold on! How is this now about me?

Steve Rogers: I'm sorry, isn't everything?

Thor: I thought humans were more evolved than this.

Fury turned to Thor as Natasha jumped in.

Nick Fury: Excuse me, did WE come to YOUR planet and blow stuff up?

Masaru: Oh so that's what I did?

Nick Fury: Yes.

Natasha: No...Not really...

Masaru: Tch...there really is no loyalty...

Nat sighs.

Thor: Did you always give your champions such mistrust?

Natasha Romanoff: Are you all really that naïve? S.H.I.E.L.D monitors potential threats.

Bruce Banner: Captain America is on the threat watch?

Natasha Romanoff: We all are

Tony Stark: (to Steve) You're on that list? Are you above or below angry bees?

Steve Rogers: I swear to God, Stark, one more wisecrack...

Tony Stark: Verbal threatening! I feel threatened!

Karen Stark?

As they argue, they don't realize the blue gem in Loki's scepter is glowing brightly.

INT. AIRCRAFT CARRIER - DAY

Outside the HELICARRIER, a lone carrier slowly hovers over the ship.

SHIELD base voice: 661 Bravo, please relay your pass code. What is your hull, over?

Pilot: Arms to ammunition, over.

Inside, Clint and his crew suit up and arm themselves. Clint pulls out his hi-tech bow and arrows.

INT. BANNER'S LAB - MORNING

Back in the lab, the egos of these people keep rubbing off each other and at any moment, the shit will hit the fan.

Thor: You speak of control, yet you court chaos.

TONY: (puts his arm around Steve) Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?

STEVE: (pushes Tony off) You know damn well why! Back off!

Tony Stark: (comes face-to-face with Cap) Oh, I'm starting to want you to make me.

Steve Rogers: Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?

Tony Stark: Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

Natasha tilts her head in a way that says 'he's not wrong'

Steve Rogers: I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. Yeah, I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you.

Tony Stark: I think I would just cut the wire.

Steve Rogers: (SMILING) Always a way out... You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero.

Tony Stark: (that did it) A hero? Like you? You're a lab rat, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle!