𝗦𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱

Ariella found herself laying back on John B as he leaned back on her back, the two holding each other up as they sat on the dirt ground, surrounded by the other Pogues, all of them watching as JJ finishes up burying the casket.

"I-I just don't get it." Pope sputters, pacing. "I mean, you guys saw the map. He hides his gold so no one finds it for 170 years."

JJ moves and joins his girlfriend, who gave him his jacket, allowing him to put it on before he sits on the ground next to her, his hands going to her belly, comforting both him and Ari as she smiles at him.

"...And then he sends a message to his son Robert to come here to his mother's grave, but the message never gets to him." Pope continues. "Denmark wanted him to find the cross. I know we're in the right spot. It just feels like—."

"Like we missed something?" Ari and JJ finish for him. The two sharing a look, Ari watching as JJ's eyes revert to the tree that was only a few feet away from them, he stands up walking over to the tree, still looking up at it.

"Guys." JJ calls for the rest of the Pogues, motioning them to come closer. "Come here."

John B is first to get up, holding his hand out so he could help his sister stand, the two walking towards JJ who was now climbing up onto the roof of the twinkie. He turns his gaze down to Ari, who was already looking up at him, he holds his hand out towards her.

With the help of Pope and Kie, they got her up enough for JJ to grab her and bring her up next to him. He pulls her gently towards the tree and points at the hole. "That looks like—."

"The painting in the island room." Ariella completes, her hand squeezing his, eyes widening in realization.

JJ smirks and he looks back at their found family. "It's worth a shot, right?"

John B shrugs. "Let's do it."

"Go for—."

"I'm carrying your child." Ariella cuts him
off.

"You do it!" Sarah shouts up at JJ.

"She got shot!" John B says after Sarah.

"She did get shot." Pope agrees, he holds up two fingers. "Twice."

"I know." JJ mumbles. "I was gonna do it. It's just..."

"Aww, you scared." Ariella teases, pinching his butt making JJ jump.

"I'm not scared." JJ declares, hesitating to put his hand through the tree.

"You seem scared." Ariella taunts. "You weren't even this scared when I told I was pregnant."

"That's different!" JJ exclaims before forgetting everything and without thinking, putting his hand into the tree.

They all watch in anticipation as he searches around, seeing if he can find anything. A frown forms on his face, making him move into the tree more. "There's something in here."

JJ continues to dig around, a chuckle leaving his lips. "Wait."

Not a second after, Ariella felt her heart skip a beat, at the sound of JJ's loud scream as he struggles to get his hand out of the tree. They all start shouting his name as Ari moves to help pull his arm back. She then stops, he was playing them. She knew JJ too well.

When Ari stopped helping him, JJ knew she knew that he was playing around. His screams come to stop as he lets out a loud laugh. The Pogues all stop screaming when he breaks out into laughter.

"Oh, you asshole." Pope curses at him, from behind John B, who was half up to them, climbing back down next to Sarah.

"Oh, man! I got all of you on that one." JJ gloats, his laughter dying down. He looks to Ari, who gave him a bored look. "You're smart, baby. You know that?"