𝗦𝗼𝗳𝘁

Ariella could feel the stares she got from her classmates as she sat in between before JJ and John B, the blonde in front of her and brunette behind her, Pope sitting in the desk to her right.

Every time she looked to meet one of their eyes, she saw pity, disgust and jealousy. She didn't realize how her pregnancy could affect so many people, especially when it had nothing to do with them. She was still the same Ari, still as beautiful as always, just with a little more baggage.

Ariella lays her head against her hands as she rubs her temples, she had the biggest headache and she hated that she had to be in school when the affects of pregnancy really wanted to start hitting her.

The teacher places a paper down on Ari's desk, she lets out a small groan when she notices they were having a quiz. Thanks to Pope for telling her. Note the sarcasm.

The teacher looks down at her with raised eyebrows. "Are you feeling okay, Miss Cameron?"

"It's Routledge." Ariella corrects, placing her hand on her small bump. "And I'm fine. Thank you."

"Are you sure? You're rather small and for you to be pregnant, it can take a toll on you and the baby. They could be—."

"Who do you think you are?" Ariella's eyes snaps up to the teacher. "You have no right to talk about me, my body and most importantly my baby."

"I was simply just saying that the baby can hurt you—."

"My baby is doing just fine. You just need to mind your business." Ariella abruptly stands, her eyes roam around the room. "You guys all need to mind your fucking business!"

Ariella grabs her book bag, storming out the classroom. JJ gets up and looks at the teacher. "Just because your husband never gave you kids, doesn't mean you get to take your insecurities out on your students. You're old and shriveled, let it go."

With that, JJ gets up, following his girlfriend out the room. John B and Pope debated following them, but decided not to, leaving the coupe alone, giving them time for themselves.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧.𖡼

"Bonfire?" JJ looks over the note in his hand, that was given to John B as he left the classroom. After calming Ari down, they met up with the two boys, so they could all leave together. "I think she meant to give it to me, so we're all good there. We're going."

Ariella rolls her eyes at JJ's response, letting go of his hand and elbowing him in the stomach before she went over to Pope, hooking arms with him. JJ looks up at her, trying to hide his pain. "It was a joke, babe!"

"You shouldn't mess with a pregnant girls emotions. It's a known fact, man." Pope informs the blonde as they come to a stop when Mr.Sunn holds out his hand, stopping the four from walking.

"Mr.Heyward, Mr and Ms.Routledge, Mr.Maybank, just the people I wanted to see." Mr.Sunn smiles at them as he laughed them into his classroom gently.

"Wish I could say the same." JJ says back.

"Not the time." Ariella hisses at the boy, he only pouts at her in response, going over to her side, pulling her from Pope and into his chest, the girl doesn't fight him, but does ignore him.

"I have a question of an historical nature for you lady and gentlemen." Mr.Sunn walks over his locked cabinet, pulling out a grey box. "I digitize documents for the Maritime Museum, and in return, I've been given access to archives. And I found this."

"A box." Pope and Ariella watch him move to his desk.

"More than a box." Mr.Sunn opens the box, revealing a old book that was wrapped in a sealed plastic bag. "Go ahead, Mr.Heyward."