𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨

'A great man once said that if you're born poor, that's not your fault, but if you die poor, well that's on you.'

Ariella tightens her arms around Wheezie, who was sitting on her lap as they listen to their fathers voice. Sarah was next to them,
on their right, Rose on their left, Rafe pacing back and forth behind them.

Noah and Isabella right outside, ready to get on Rafe if anything was to do down. They didn't like the thought of Ariella being next the Cameron, but it wasn't about him, it was about Ward and all of the mourning and all Ari wanted to do was be there for her sisters.

'I think, in the end, it was my fear of going back, of losing everything I have, that made me lose sight of everything I am...everything I wanted to be. I killed Big John Routledge, I murdered Sheriff Peterkin, I hurt my own daughter...I shot Gavin Barnstead. I know there's nothing—.'

"I can't." Ariella stands, placing Wheezie on the chair she was sitting on before rushing out to the back patio, breathing in the fresh cool air.

She lets out a shaky breath, placing a hand on her lower belly as she takes in a couple breaths. She digs through her pocket and takes out the new phone Noah got her before they came to the Cameron estate.

She searches for a certain name before clicking on it and bringing the phone to her ear as she paces back a forth. It doesn't take long for the other person to answer.

"Hey, baby. You okay?"

Ariella felt her body relax at the sound of her lovers voice, she felt tears fill her eyes. Stupid hormones. "I just wanted to hear your voice. I really miss it and you."

"It's only been a couple of hours, my love." JJ chuckles lightly.

"I know, but being here with them...feels like longer." Ariella looks out at the water. "I-I don't even know how I'm standing close to Rafe."

"You're doing it for Wheezie." JJ answers. "The girl needs you now more than ever, so does Sarah. You are the only thing keeping them stable."

"He-He confessed to killing Big John, JJ." Ariella taps her fingers against the bannister. "I-I don't even know what to do with that. The fact that he said it—."

"Makes it real." JJ finishes for her. "Baby, there's not much I can say over the phone, but know that I'm here waiting for you and our munchkin to come back home and I'll be able to hold you as you rant to me, okay?"

"Okay." Ariella wipes a stray tear off her face. "JJ..."

"Your peanut butter and nutella toast will be waiting for you." JJ states.

Ariella let's out a low laugh, feeling herself relax. "You're the best, I love you so much, J."

"I love you more, beautiful. I'll see you when you get here. For now, stay away from Rafe and hold Wheezie and Sarah close."

"Of course." Ariella says as she hangs up. She walks back inside and goes to her sisters, ignoring Rafe's eyes on her. She looks to Wheezie. "Go pack a bag, you're staying with me and Uncle Noah."

"Really?" Wheezie looks at her with big happy eyes.

"Yes, now go." Ariella makes her stand and pushes her gently towards the stairs.

"She can't—."

"She can." Noah walks into the house, cutting Rose off. "With Ward not being here, you aren't her legal guardian, it would be Rafe, but since you know...it's Ariella. I know crazy to think Ward wouldn't put you down."