Midsummers

The next day, the four Pogues found themselves standing at Heyward's shop. The two boys with little cuts and bruises on their faces. JJ with a busted lip.

" Don't let it get to your head, P. There were three of them and only two of you at the start. We all know it's typical Kook shit." Ari states as Pope walked back and forth talking to his friends.

" What was your thought process? Using your head, man?" JJ questioned Pope.

" I don't know, man. I kinda of just acted off of instinct. I was a corned animal." Pope replies.

" Hey, Pope, there's someone here to see you." Heyward calls to him.

Following him was Deputy Shoupe. He walked toward the teens only looking straight at Pope. Pope immediately tenses. JJ, Ari and Kie all shared a worried look.

" Evening, Officer." Pope nods greeting the man politely.

" I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property. Keep your hands on the counter where I can see them." Shoupe informs.

Pope's eyes widen when Shoupe cuffs him. The boy sends JJ and Ari panicked looks. Ari walks next to JJ linking her arm through his.

" Shoupe, what did he do?" Heyward asked deeply scared and worried.

" Take a look at the warrant." Shoupe answers.

The three teens and Pope's father start looking over the paper as Shoupe leads Pope who hasn't said a thing out of the shop. Once there done reading they instantly run out after them.

" It wasn't him!" JJ suddenly shouted making Shoupe stop from putting Pope in the cap car and turn to him.

" JJ, no." Ari whispered to him roughly. JJ's father would be pissed and hurt him—no kill him. Ari wasn't going to allow that.

" It was—."

" It was me. I was so mad at Topper for everything that he did to me. He had just beaten me and John B up. He tried to talk me out of it but I didn't listen wanting nothing but revenge. I'm not letting him take the blame for something I did." Ari cut JJ off.

" Ari, what the hell are you doing?" Pope asks.

" I'm telling the truth, Pope. This wasn't you and you know it." Ari spoke softly. She didn't take her eyes of Shoupe not wanting to see JJ's eyes that she knew were held with heart break.

" Ari, come on." JJ and Pope try.

" Shut up! Just shut up!" Ari shouts to the both of them. " He's a good kid Shoupe. You know I'm not like the rest of my family.

" Yeah." Shoupe nodded. Shoupe knew she didn't do it deep down but he couldn't exactly do much as of right now.

" It was all me." Ari informs.

" That's the whole truth?" Shoupe turns his gaze to Pope.

Ariella nods at him when he glanced at her nervously. He was hesitant.

" Yeah, that about covers it." Pope nods reluctantly.

Shoupe sighs, taking the cuffs off Pope walking to Ari and cuffing her instead. Before they can walk to the police car JJ runs in front of them.

" Can I have a moment, please?" JJ begs Shoupe.

" One minute." He nods moving to the side to give them space.

" You have so much to lose." JJ whispers.

" I'll still would have you and the Pogues right?" Ari questions.