𝘚𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘔𝘦

As Ariella and JJ his behind a fence—out of Ward's sight, Ariella was fiddling with her rings nervously. JJ glances at her. "What's wrong baby?"

"What if we don't get the evidence, JJ? What if we can't free John B and Sarah and Ward wins again." Ariella's hands start to shake slightly. JJ taking her hands in his softly, drawing small little patterns. "We can not let Ward win again and I can not lose John B...or Sarah"

JJ takes her face in his hands, making her look at him. "Babe, listen, we're gonna bring our boy home. We're gonna nail Ward this time. He's gonna get what's coming to him and no matter what we will avenge John B...and Sarah."

Ari stays quite for a moment before she extends her pinky to JJ. "Promise me that through all this you'll stay by my side."

JJ felt his heart drop. He couldn't continue to lie to her. "Baby, I have to tell you something."

"Okay." Ari drops her pinky. Her heart started beating a little faster. She felt like something bad was about to he said and she didn't like the change in the atmosphere. "What?"

JJ goes to speak when Kie's voice cuts him off. "Guys!" Her and Pope came running towards them.

"We can talk about it later." Ari whispers to JJ before she looks at an object in Pope's hands. "What the hell is that?"

"Our key to exonerating our friend." Pope states as the rain gets heavier and thunder booms loudly.

"Nice camera. Where'd you dig up that relic? Why don't you just use your phone?" JJ questions as Pope held a camera up to his face.

"Well, first of all, I like my antique electronics. Second of all, this is a telephoto. It allows me to get a close image from far away." Pope explains.

"Lord of the dorks." JJ mumbles making Ari let out a light chuckle.

For definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glass. There he is!" Pope announces as they notice Ward running from his truck, a duffel bag clutches to his chest tightly.

"Yo, get down." Ari tells her friends as thunder crashes.

"And there's Gavin." Another figure appears on the end of the street running towards Ward. Where are you going, you son of a bitch? No, no, no, no. I'm losing him. Shit. Where's he going?"

"Hold on." JJ tells them as he runs to look for another way to spy on Ward. He whistles. "Yo! Hey. I found something. Come here."

"You guys go." Ari whispers to Kie and Pope. "I'm gonna get closer in case anything happens with Pope's camera."

Ariella quickly runs across the street to where Ward and Gavin were. She quickly tries to find a place to be able to clearly hear them speak, but also maintain cover.

After Kie comes up, JJ takes notice that Ari's not with them. "Where's Ari?"

"She went to go find somewhere closer to be, just in case something went wrong with Pope's camera." Kie informs him.

"Shit. You let her go alone?!" JJ exclaims, so many thoughts going through his mind. What if she gets caught? She could get hurt. Ward could hurt her.

"She's gonna be fine, JJ." Kie places a hand on his arm. "It's not a big deal."

"Don't touch me, Kie!" JJ snatched his arm out of her grip. "God, you've done enough."

"JJ, I'm just trying to—."

"Just stop, Kie." JJ snaps as he runs a hand through her hair.

Pope awkwardly clears his throat. "JJ, she's fine. She's Ari, she's one of the strongest people we know."