𝗪𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴

"Guys, don't tie up." JJ calls to Kie and Pope, the two just now arriving about the tie the boat up. "Stop it!"

"What?" Kie looks at them, her eyebrows furrowing as JJ carries Ari, bridal style.

JJ hasn't left her side since the bullet grazed her arm. John B was the same, but he right now was helping Sarah walk. John B had a talk with Ari last night about talking to JJ about the potential baby they might be having, but Ari immediately shutted it down and said she wouldn't tell him until she was sure.

In reality though, she was just scared. This could change their lives more than their lives have already changed.

"We're dipping." Ari tells them.

"Wait, why?" Pope frowns at them.

"What? What are you talking about?" Kie's eyes go to the bandage around Ari's arm. "What the fuck happened last night?!"

"Rafe happened." Ari huffs as JJ puts her on the boat. "He knows where we are."

"What?!" Both Pope and Kie exclaim.

"What happened last night?" John B looks between Kie and Pope.

"We slept on the break." Kie answers. "What's up?"

JJ scoffs. "Slept, right. Yeah."

"We gotta get the hell out of here. Like Ari said, Rafe knows we're here, so we have to leave, like, now." John B gets on the boat, throwing his stuff down. He starts the boat back off before taking off.

After a couple minutes, the group comes to a clear somewhere in the middle of the marsh. They sat on little stone benches, JJ and John B standing, the Maybank pacing back and forth.

"Look, if Rafe and Barry know, it's only a matter of time." Kie starts.

"Before everyone knows." John B sighs.

"I told you guys." JJ looks at the group. "We should've gone south!"

"Just stop it." John B tries.

"Why does no one ever listen?" JJ paces. Ari stands and goes in front of him making him stop. She grabs his hand and drags him to the stone bench she was sitting on. She pushes him to sit down, before she takes a seat on top of his lap.

"Relax, my love." Ari wraps her arms around his neck. "Breath."

"I have an idea." Sarah speaks up suddenly, finally getting out of her head. "With me back and Ari by my side. He's gonna think he finally has us under control. My dad's going to have to choose between me and Rafe."

"Sarah." Ari cuts him, Sarah shakes her head. Ari tries again. "Sarah--."

"He's gonna choose us." Sarah claims sternly.

"No he's not." Ari shakes her head. "He doesn't care about me and he definitely no longer cares about you the way he use too. Ward keeps lying to you, Sarah."

"He won't agree after all that's happened." John B cuts in.

"No. I..." Sarah takes a moment to collect her thoughts. "I know it sounds crazy."

"Yeah, it does."

"I know! But he's my dad." Sarah looks to Ari. "Our dad—."

"No, no. That's where you're wrong." Ari turns to her sister. "He is not my father. He did not raise me. It's sad to say now, but it was Rafe and Big John, John B's father that raised me!"

Sarah looks down at her feet. "I-I know him, and I know he loves me. I'm just asking for two hours."

"You're so stupid." Ari groans. "It's not going to go how you think it is, Sarah."