Don't Leave

All five teens were now at Rixon's Cove, sitting around a campfire they made to keep them warm. JJ wrapped his arms around his girl. It wasn't official or anything but she was his and he was hers. Ari smiled up at the boy kissing his nose and leaning into his warmth.

" Hey, guys. So, like my dad's already gonna kill me. So what's the mandatory meeting about?" Pope asks rubbing his hands on his legs.

JJ shares a look with John B. " Might as well tell him, man, before we're gaffed."

" So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant." John B looked at all his friends.

" Please tell me your not lying?" Ari looked between JJ and John B.

" He's not. Just hear him out." JJ asked softly. Ari nodded wrapping her arms around his waist.

" It's on the island." John B tells them not sparing much details.

" Are you serious?" Kie questions. John B nods.

" Wow." Ariella gasped slightly making JJ chuckle.

" I'd like to voice my skepticism." Pope raises his hand.

" I'm sure you would, Pope, but let him present his evidence first." Ari tells the boy.

" Thank you, Ari. So, in my backpack, I have a letter from Denmark Tanny." John B pulls out the letter from his book bag.

" And who the hell is that?" Kie asked.

" Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant wreck. Now check this out." John B looked at the map.

" What?" Ari asked. John B unfolded the paper and passed it to Kie. Kie then passed it to Ari. Ari eyed it, JJ doing the same. Pope then walked behind them looking at it also.

" Okay, slaves weren't mentioned as crew members on the ship, but my dad, he found the complete manifest. That was his bug discovery. So Tanny used the gold from the Merchant to buy his freedom. After that, he bought his farm. Drumroll, please, that farm is...."

The 4 other teens used their hands to hit the legs as they anxiously waited for him to reveal what he was going to say.

" Tannyhill Plantation." John B revealed.

" Tannyhill?" Kie asks.

John B nods. " Yeah. So, after that, he used his money to free even more slaves, and then he sold a shit-tom of ronde which pisses of all the white planters, and then they decide to lynch him. So on the day they were coming to get him, he writes a letter to his son as a farewell, and in the last line of that letter, is a coded message about where to find the gold."

" Where?" Ari whispers.

" Harvest the wheat in parcel nine, near the water." John B informs. Except...there's no wheat. You see, wheat is code for gold. Check this out. The gold is in parcel nine, near the water. All we need is an original survey map of the property, and we've found the gold."

" Okay, so this might have a small chance of being actually true." Pope states getting up and storming to John B pulling him into a hug. Ari and JJ then go after tackling him in a hug.

" I'm so proud of you John B." Ari told his kissing his cheek.

" Me too, man." JJ added.

" Thank you. Means a lot." John B hugs them back tightly.

" Okay, so, guys. What's the plan?" Pope asked as the three teens sat back down.

" Good question. Sarah Cameron's coming tonight. She'll bring an original survey map—."