𝗝𝗝'𝘀 𝗚𝗼𝘁 𝗛𝗲𝗿

* Short chapter because it's Valentine's day and I was spending it with my family. *

Ariella stood beside her boyfriend, their hands linked as Ariella leaned into his side. Her Aunt and Uncle a couple seats back, as they all listened to the minister speaks. It was the day of Peterkin's funeral and the Cameron girl was trying so hard not to cry and anyone could see it.

"Though she has now departed. Let us honor her bravery and sacrifice in the line of duty." The minister spoke, his eyes flickering between the crowd and a paper on the stand in front of him.

The blondes eyes went from the picture of Peterkin in her uniform and then to Ward who just happened to be staring at her intensely. Ari instantly looks away and leans more into JJ's side.

JJ looks down at his girlfriend and sees the tears welling up in her eyes. He lets go of her hand and wraps and arm around her waist, bringing her into him and placing a kiss on her forehead as he intertwines their hands again as they rest on her hip.

"Through her memory, let us pursue what is just and right as we commit her body and soul to the ground." The minister takes a breath. "Ashes to Ashes...Dust to Dust."

Noah's eyes flicker between his niece and JJ who were wrapped up in each other's arms. If it wasn't for JJ he could have sworn Ari's body wouldn't be able to hold. He then looks to his older brother and nephew who were both just staring at the two with a slight glare. Ward more than Rafe.

Noah noticed that JJ was glaring over at someone. That someone just happened to be the same two people he himself was looking at.

Noah went to walk to the two teens, but Isabella stopped him. "No, let them be for now. As long as they don't do anything that's all that matters."

"He's glaring at them." Noah whispers to his wife. "It's only making matters worse for, Ri."

Isabella sighs and looks to the flowers in her hands. "If you add any more pressure and make it more obvious, that's gonna be worse for her. JJ's got her."

"Fine, but once this is over I'm going straight over." Noah wraps a arm around Isabella's shoulders.

"I don't expect anything less." Isabella kisses his cheek lightly before they go back to laying attention.

JJ could feel his shirt getting wet and he knew it was from Ari as she cried into his chest. JJ pulled her into his chest resting his chin in her head as she cried into his chest. JJ didn't care about his top getting wet. He made a commitment and that commitment was to always be there for Ari and that's what he was going to do.

Ari noticed that the officers starting to aim their guns toward the sky, so she went to cover her ear not wanting to hear the impact knowing how much bad memories it would bring. Before she could cover her own ears, she felt a pair of hands on her ears. She smiled softly at her boyfriend.

JJ pecked her lips making sure her ears were correctly covered. Ari then put her hands on his for extra precaution. Due to the sound that wasn't muffled completely, Ari flinched at the first gun shot and pushed JJ's hands onto her ears tighter. The sound wasn't completely gone, but it sure helped.

"We shall remember to uphold the ideas she stood for." The minister finished.

Ari removed her hands from on top of JJ's and he followed removing his. Noah and Isabella make their way to the teens watching as Ward and Rafe trying to make their way closer to the girl.

"Hey, kids." Shoupe walks up to them patting JJ on the back. JJ flinches and glares at the man along with Ari.

The couple stay quite as they don't make eye contact with the man. The two were not going to talk to him especially when he was the one who drove John B and Sarah into he storm.