Get Out

* Has black shorts on! *

The next day, Ariella sat in a chair next to John B's bed, holding his hand. Oh, Sarah was there to, sitting on his bed. Ari didn't spare her a glance at all. Ari kept her eyes on John B. Ari felt him squeeze her hand making her gasp and smile as she looked at his face noticing he was wake.

" Hey, Bird." Ari smiled. John B smiled back at the use of the nickname. Besides his dad she was the only one to call him that.

" Hi, Cinderella." He whispered back. Ari chuckled. Sarah watched a little jealous thinking that they had something going on but remembered the blonde boy she always saw her sister with.

" Hi." Sarah said from behind Ari.

John B turned his head looking at her. " Hi."

" Where am I?" John B asks quitely.

" St. Olive's. You fell from the Hawk's Nest. You have a concussion and a broken wrist." Ari answered running her thumb over his hand.

John B looked away from Ari looking to his left arm, lifting it up, now looking at the blue cast.

" Woah." John B mumbles.

" Pretty cool." Sarah comments.

" I need to get out of here. DCS is gonna find me—." John B starts to get up but Ari push's him back down softly.

" Hang on there, kid." A voice says from behind them. John B and Ari turn their heads to the voice, seeing Ward Cameron now in the room.

" Sarah told me everything. About you adventure, you running from DCS, about how you were protecting her in the tower." Ward explains. Ari looks back at John B. They share a silent look.

" John, I believe I owe you an apology. You were honest with me a about the tanks but I still didn't quite believe you and if it wasn't for my daughter I would have fired you. Unfortunately from time to time, I have a bit of a short fuse." Ari scoffed loudly. John B had to stop the smile that was making its way on to his face.

" I'd like to make up for everything, if you'd let me. I spoke with Sheriff Peterkin, and...I've offered to be your legal guardian , if you'll have me." Ward walked closer to the hospital bed. Ari knew this wasn't out of the kindness of his heart.

There was a reason he was doing this but if it meant John B would stop running, Ari was going to make him go through with it.

John B chuckles. " What?"

" It'd mean a roof over your head and no more running from the DCS." Ward tells him.

John B looks to a smiling Sarah and then to a confused Ari. John B went to protest after seeing Ari's look but she shook her head.

" It means more time with me." Ari smiled. If anything happened Ari was going to protect him from her father.

John B laughed lightly. " We spend everyday together already."

" Are you saying your tired of me, JB?" Ari pouted.

" No never." John B shook his head.

" That better be your answer or you would have ended up with another broken wrist." Ari says making him laugh. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, John B thought. Sarah was mad that she wasn't the one to make John B say yes but as long as he was safe that was all that mattered.