𝘋𝘦𝘯𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘬

The sound of footsteps approaching make Ari and Pope quickly turns around. The two move towards the doorway where they see Ms.Limbrey making her way toward them.

Ms.Limbrey walks, struggling a bit due to the crutches she was using to help her walk. She catches sighs of them, her eyes widen just a bit when she sees Ariella behind Pope. "Mr. Heyward. Ms.Cam—."

"Not Cameron." Ari shakes her head. "Not anymore.You can just say Ariella or use the last name Routledge. Either is better."

"Sorry." She gives the girls a small creepy smile. "Ms.Ariella Routledge. I'm Carla Limbrey."

"Uh, Pope. People call me Pope." Pope says nervously.

"Have a seat." Limbrey motions them to sit.

"Thank you so much for everything. This really means a lot to me—to us." Pope stutters.

Limbrey gives the boy a small smile as she bends down slight and gestures to the tea in front of her. "Can I offer you both something?"

"I'm okay. Thank you." Pope says gratefully.

Limbrey looks to Ariella. "And you, sweetheart?"

"No, I'm good, thank you." Ari gives her a small fake smile. Something about the woman was off and she didn't like it.

"Well, you look thirsty." Limbrey says giving Ariella a look. "You also look very pale, the tea can help."

She holds up a cup of tea towards Ari who just stared at it, not wanting to touch it. Pope takes it for her placing it down on the little table in front of them before taking the one she offered him.

"I think a toast is in order." Limbrey picks up her cup. "To finding the unfindable."

Pope looks over at Ari who was already looking at him. He nudges her leg and gestures towards the cup. She sighs taking the cup and raising it, Pope follows.

"Against all odds, you and your friends managed to beat everyone to the Royal Merchant, including me, and Lord knows I tried." Pope and Ari's eyes go wide. "I also know that you've since lost the gold to Ward Cameron."

"How do you know that?" Ariella and Pope ask in unison.

Limbrey sits looking at them. "Ward Cameron and I have a long and tortured history. I funded his first development project."

"But he wouldn't tell you—."

"He didn't need to." Limbrey cuts Pope off. "Ward and I were partners in the search for the Royal Merchant, and I'm afraid that Big John Routledge was not the only one that Ward double-crossed."

Ariella inhales sharply at the name of her who she would call her real father. "You, um, knew him?"

"I did." Limbrey smiles shortly.

"He never told me or-or John B."

She lets out a laugh. "Big John was known for having secrets. It's not a surprise you don't know about me."

Ari just stares at her clearing her throat. Pope takes this as his time to speak up as he reaches over and takes Ari's hand into his comfortingly. "Okay. What else do you know?"

"I know that Rafe Cameron killedSheriff Peterkin and shot you." Limbrey glances at Ari who squeezes Pope's hand, flinching at the memory. "I have proof of it."

"So you can clear John B's name?"

"Easily, at any time." She replies with a smug look on her face.

"Show us." Ari finally speaks up confidently. "Show us the evidence."