Code Blue

" You know he doesn't smoke." Kie tells JJ who was trying to give Pope a weed pen.

Pope ignores them and takes the pen from JJ's hand. JJ looks at Kie. " Well, maybe not until today."

" Pope." Kie sighs in her motherly tone. " Yeah, what is that gina help?"

" I lost my scholarship. Walked out in the middle of the interview. Every—it's gone. It's not gonna happen." Pope says sadly as JJ takes a seat next to him.

" You did that for us?" Kie questions.

" No, not for us." Poor stands up and steps toward Kie. " For nothing."

" I'm here for you, Pope." JJ gets up and wraps an arm around Pope's shoulders. " Welcome to my world, okay?"

" JJ—." Kie scolds.

" What, Kie?" JJ cuts her off. " He's right. It doesn't matter anymore."

Kie just stares at him before looking to Pope who was leaning against a pillar looking down sadly. He then lifts up the weed pen and that's a hit.

" You don't have to do that." Kie tries to stop him.

Pope doesn't stop, he takes a hit and then looks to Kie. " What do you care?"

They then hear footsteps and light sobbing. They all turn to see John B.

" Dude!" JJ shouts as they run to him.

" Oh, my god! John B!" Kie shouts. They run to him and check him over.

" Where's Ari?" JJ asks his heart beating fast, not seeing his girlfriend behind him.

" Who's blood is that?" Kie questions panicked.

John B doesn't say anything, he sobs looking up at JJ. JJ catches the look and he felt his heart drop. " T-That's—no." Tears well up in his eyes.

" John B is that, Ari's blood?" Kie speaks lowly trying to stop tears from coming to her eyes.

" I-I couldn't s-st-op her, R-afe tried shooting at Peterkin, bu-but Ari ran and pushed her out the way. R-afe shot her. T-hen he shot Peterkin." John B sobs looking down at his bloody hands.

" She-she got shot for nothing." Pope whispers loud enough for them to hear.

" John B where is she?! I need to get to her!" JJ grabs John B by his sweater. " Whe-re is sh-she, man." JJ let's go and starts to cry.

" O-on her w-ay to the hospital." John B speaks through his sobs. He couldn't dare look JJ or any of them in the eyes. He felt like it was his fault. He should have held on to her a bit tighter.

"I-I should have stopped her from going. I-It's my fault." JJ cries. " I-I have to go." JJ doesn't look at them, he starts walking away.

" JJ! Where are you going?" Kie questions trying not to cry.

" I-I have to go see her Kie! I-I have to be by her side...in case of anything. I-I can't lose her. If I lose her I lose apart of myself!" JJ shouts sobbing.

He then turns and starts to walk away not caring about the police sirens. As he walks he hears the fairly loud sobs coming from John B and Kie trying to calm down. Pope—he didn't know about Pope, but he did see him with tears rolling down his cheeks.

                            𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧.𖡼

" Ariella Cameron, please check again!" JJ raises his voice slightly at the nurse at the front desk. Tears were still rolling down his face.

" Son, I told y—."

She gets cut off by a group of paramedics and nurses bursting in the front door. JJ's head snapped at them." We have a Code Blue! She stopped breathing on the way here, there's a light pulse. We need to remove that bullet quickly.

" What's the patients name?" One of the nurses ask.

" Ariella Cameron." One of the paramedics answer.

" Ari!" JJ runs to her side grabbing her cold hand. His heart breaks when he looks her over, his eyes lingering at her blue and purple lips that were under a breathing mask.

" Son, who are you to her?" A doctor questions as they quickly walk toward the doors that go into the operating rooms.

JJ looks up wiping his tears away with his free hand. " I-I'm her boyfriend."

" Hey, kid, we need you to stay out here." The nurse that he talked to before told him.

" I-I can't, I can't leave her side again." JJ shakes his head.

" It's just for the operation, son. I promise once she's done and put into a room, you'll be the first person me look for." The main doctor promises.

JJ slowly nods and looks down to Ari, he leans down placing a soft kiss on her hand before hesitantly letting go of her hand. He takes a step back and the doctor and nurses all storm into the operating section.

                           𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧.𖡼

HAPPYYY NEW YEAR's EVE🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊 I just wanted to post something, because I'm not sure if I will be posting tmr or not. I know it was short, but I'd say it was worth it because I let out a few tears writing this...

But I just want you all to know that, I am thankful for all you guys and the wonderful impact you have all brought to my year of 2021. I hope any of my books have brought you comfort because writing them has for me❤️

I hope you enjoy your dayyyy!!