the six na'ravanna brothers

Start from the beginning

faceclaim: miguel fersou.
distinguishing features: auburn hair that is more reddish than brown. clean-shaven face. hair that is kept, according to his father, 'disgustingly long.' significant facial scarring from a previous attack. physically the biggest of his brothers, once nicknamed 'the oxen.'
occupation: personal guard of the torchbearer of cyffuth.
personality: strong yet silent. fiercely loyal. learned the ways of the north, but possessing a kind heart, never having hurt an animal or a child in his life. tough and resilient beyond belief. reserved. tender. insecure.
sexuality: gay.
ending: survives although severely injured. with a serious head wound and serious limb damage, especially to his leg (having to have part of it removed), it is certain that he will never fight again. similarly, there will exist trauma-related issues. he is allowed to retire from his position in cyffuth and takes over his father's academy with a new training method— no children are ever physically disciplined at the academy again.

— sandor na'ravanna, brother, 21

faceclaim: froy gutierrez.
distinguishing features: freckles. broad, stocky build. missing piece of his ear. looks the most like stellan otherwise. smells like saltwater from proximity to the sea. nails bitten to the quick. sunburns frequently (read: always). visible abs. palest of the brothers.
occupation: personal guard of the torchbearer of cydi.
personality: rebellious. pushed back against his father often. crafty on the battlefield. a true leader. honest and incredibly reliable (particularly assured after what happened with the last torchbearer of cydi). merciless on the battlefield. hot temper. emotional. loud and funny. tells hilarious jokes and stories when drunk. one of the most fun at parties.
sexuality: bisexual
ending: missing in action during one of the earlier battles. it is assumed at this point that he has died, although his body has never been recovered. his sword has. the hope that he may still be alive is killing the wife he left behind, in the final months of pregnancy with their first child. (he is in fact deceased).

tayan na'ravanna, brother, 20

— tayan na'ravanna, brother, 20

faceclaim: kaden hammond.
distinguishing features: bulky build, with lean defined muscles. six-pack of abs. particularly sharp canines. close-cropped hair. sharp jawline. dark blue eyes. widely considered the most traditionally handsome of the brothers.
occupation: canstoll guard.
personality: emotional. desperately seeking approval. womanizer. can never apologize. insanely stubborn. commitment issues. always has to be right. insecure. hates being compared to his brothers. vain regarding his appearance. envious of his brothers.
sexuality: straight
ending: tayan survives and yet is changed by what he has seen in war. from a boy plagued with vanity, envy, and acting out, particularly developing a relationship for being an unreliable romantic partner, never staying in one relationship for long and breaking hearts with ease. he suffers from the trauma of war and yet emerges with a more mature outlook, having aged seemingly twenty years over the course of the war, becoming hardened and exhausted and jaded— and yet loyal and wise. afterwards, his other brothers worry about his mental health. survivor's guilt.

— stellan na'ravanna, brother, 18

faceclaim: kaden stowers.
distinguishing features: freckles. long brown-ish auburn hair with bangs. slightly gangly, not yet done filling out his frame. bright clear green eyes. slightly childish face, still round-cheeks and wide, innocent eyes. visible abs.
occupation: student at the coddi academy.
personality: extroverted. electric. always trying new things. insecure. relies on others to form his self-confidence and cares for their opinions too much. emotional. full of bravado. cannot take criticism well. crafty. idolizes being a hero. lived with his father without his brothers for a period, so suffered alone with his abuse then. copies tannier often.
sexuality: straight.
ending: dies during the war. slaughtered during one of its last battles, by being stabbed through the stomach.