66

Amane sits me down against the wall and sits down next to me. I can see the hesitation in his eyes. He's worried about how I'll react to the truth. It's making me worried. "Amane, c'mon just... spit it out already...!" I plead with him. He looks over at me and opens his mouth to speak before looking ahead of him again taking a deep breath before starting slowly. "Alright, alright... Just... try not to freak out, ok?" He says, looking over at me. My face falls "Yeah because saying that doesn't make me nervous" I say in a monotonous tone.

Amane lets out a little laugh and nodding "Yeah, good point. Good point. Anyways... where do I start... ok..." He takes a deep breath, making me suck one in out of anticipation. "Yeah...?"

"So... about... I dunno, around the start of the year, you were known as a secret wonder who would write scripts for those who wanted them, making whatever happened in the scripts happen in real life as long as the one you wrote the script for said their lines" I nod at this. Yeah, that feels somewhat familiar. "You went into a darker time and began writing scripts where at least 1 person would die as a result of them. Due to me being the leading wonder, it was my job to stop you and protected the students at this school. Obviously, you wouldn't do that willingly, meaning I had to try and revoke your number, basically ending you forever. However, we came up with a compromise and bonded together using a pair of mermaid scales of which both of us ate"

My eyes widen "We bonded? With fish scales??" I exclaim "Mermaid scales, but yes" Amane nods.

"After that, I started teaching you things and becoming more accustomed to the life of a school wonder and introduced you to my friends and the other wonders. We even started dating!" My face flushes "W-wait we dated??" Amane just chuckles "I mean, technically, we never broke up!" My face becomes even more red. I wave my hand, signalling for him to continue.

"After a while, you rumour started to die out, meaning that... well... you started to die out... Together, me, you and our friends all started trying to bring your rumour back... When that didn't work. You took matters into your own hands... and you went to my twin brother Tsukasa"

I look down. I understand it all now. "And I asked him to bring my rumour back... and the price for my wish was my memories... and I pushed you all away..." I say quietly. Amane just nods. It's all coming back to me. It all makes sense now...

Suddenly, black smoke appears in front of us and a figure steps out from the smoke, chuckling lightly.

Tsukasa.

"Aww! Looks like little y/n's gotten her memories back, huh!" He giggles teasingly. Amane stands up, unsheathing his knife and standing in front of me protectively "Go away, Tsukasa" He growls through gritted teeth. Tsukasa just nods, winding his way around Amane to grab my arm and pull me to my feet, pressing my back to his chest.

"Oh, c'mon Amane~ I'm not here to hurt her~" He says slyly, gently grabbing my chin and turning my head to look at him. He whispers "I just wanted to congratulate her on winning our little game~ Even if I didn't want her to win and for the game to end..." I gulp. Amane grits his teeth harder, putting his knife away. "Don't. Try. Anything" Amane says lowly. Tsukasa smiles "It's ok, Amane~ I just came to give her back her memories... after all, she did win... I can't just not give her her reward!" He says, spinning me around to face him. Tsukasa presses his pointer and index finger together and gently touches them to my forehead. I feel my eyelids go heavy as he leans in and whispers in my ear "It was fun playing with you, y/n-Chan~ I hope we can play again soon~" He whispers. With that, my eyes flutter closed and I fall unconscious in Tsukasa's arms.

I don't know how much time has passed, but I wake up on the ground, surrounded by my friends. Yashiro looks down at my, her eyes laced with worry and long hair tickling my face. Kou stands leaning against the wall, tapping his foot against the floor and bitting his lip in worry as he watches me. Amane sits on his knees next to me, gently stroking my face. Amane smiles when his eyes meet mine "Morning Chibi-Chan" He says happily. I smile, tears welling in my eyes. I remember that name... I remember it! He gave it to me one day when I was cleaning the bathroom and wouldn't tell him my name!

The others look at me, eyes widening in relief. Then all crowd around me, asking me if I remember them. Yashiro and Kou hug me tightly before pulling away, wiping their tears. I quickly push myself up and fling myself on Amane, wrapping my arms around him, nuzzling my face in the crook of his neck. He chuckles and wraps his arms around me, one hand on the back of my head and the other sliding up and down my back soothingly. He rests his head on top of mine and whispers into my hair "I missed you, y/n" All I can do is respond in a muffled whisper "I missed you too, Amane..."

*~The End~*

Before I put this book as completed, I want to say a special thanks to 2 people who have read this book.

First, I would like to say a huge thanks to @Borbityborb for inspiring me to write this book and helping me gain the confidence to push through even when I felt like giving up. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend going onto Borbity's account and reading their books 'Who lives' and 'Who dies' (apologies if I got the names of the books wrong) Because those were the books that inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and write my first fan fiction that I had wanted to write for a long time.

I also want to say a huge thank you to @Kirbycurbstomper for making sure I knew that my book was loved and appreciated. Kirby was the first person who really started commenting on the chapters of my book. Their comments helped me realise that people are actually enjoying my story and seeing their moments always gave me the push I needed to keep writing.

I love both of you so much and you will never know how much your input and feedback on this book means to me. I've worked on this book for an entire year just typing and typing and typing and I'm so glad that you 2 were able to really show me that its worth writing and that all the time I've spent on this book was worth it and that it really did help people escape into the world of Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun.